996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Back in Black (Photos)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 12:27 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hella gangSTAR... Great meeting you and I really liked the black on the wheels...

Old 09-14-2004, 02:15 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Darren
18's or 19's ?
18s. While I agree that 19s look better, I don't want to sacrifice on performance.

Craig

Old 09-14-2004, 02:18 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
Hella gangSTAR... Great meeting you and I really liked the black on the wheels...
Great finally meeting you as well. Too bad your posse wouldn't let you line up for a quick drag. That parking lot was plenty long.

Craig

Old 09-14-2004, 02:20 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
We will do it soon man... I need a good spankin Your car seems so well set up, I'll have to make sure I try and give you a good run with 18s etc....

Old 09-14-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by sharkster
We will do it soon man... I need a good spankin Your car seems so well set up, I'll have to make sure I try and give you a good run with 18s etc....
Better bring out the BFG DRs cause I'll be slicked down.

Craig

Old 09-14-2004, 02:51 AM
heheh good one OK I'll bring some Mickey Ts with me

Old 09-14-2004, 03:12 AM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
Craig,

Your car is both stunning and menacing, and you've just convinced me to also paint my HRE black one of these days.

Btw, I was browsing through your pic album and noticed that you've the Gemballa Powerkit (sport intake system) installed, what is your impression on the performance of this upgrade?

Currently I'm also putting in this same powerkit along with the Gemballa 3rd intercooler, my car is already at GIAC Stage 3 but it's a tip. I'm wondering what kind of overall improvement on my existing set-up should be expected with this new upgrade?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Old 09-14-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by swordsman
Craig,

Btw, I was browsing through your pic album and noticed that you've the Gemballa Powerkit (sport intake system) installed, what is your impression on the performance of this upgrade?

Currently I'm also putting in this same powerkit along with the Gemballa 3rd intercooler, my car is already at GIAC Stage 3 but it's a tip. I'm wondering what kind of overall improvement on my existing set-up should be expected with this new upgrade?
The benefit of larger intake piping depends on which turbos you are using. The larger the turbo, the more air supply it requires and the more it willl benefit from larger intake piping. I don't know the precise hp increases for the various turbos. I have heard quotes ranging from below 10 hp to near 30 hp.

Who is installing the intake?

Craig

Old 09-14-2004, 05:40 AM
swordsman is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Craig
The benefit of larger intake piping depends on which turbos you are using. The larger the turbo, the more air supply it requires and the more it willl benefit from larger intake piping. I don't know the precise hp increases for the various turbos. I have heard quotes ranging from below 10 hp to near 30 hp.

Who is installing the intake?

Craig

Sorry for the late reply, I just returned from lunch appointment.

Thanks for the input. I'm running the K24 turbos so hopefully the larger intake piping will add some visible improvement.

Tom and Arling over at Lucent are doing the installation for me, and apparently for a tip additional fabrication is needed as the kit was originally intended for 6speed. They're great guys...always making sure everything is done properly.