996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Where to get rear Turbo script badge in black?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 10:22 PM
drlaw99 is just really nicedrlaw99 is just really nicedrlaw99 is just really nicedrlaw99 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
I bought both of mine from Eric at Bumperplugs.com. They are a bit pricey, but he does an outstanding job with them.

I've done both flat black and gloss black. Here are pics of each..

flat black:

gloss black:
Hey Adam,

Do you have two lids? Great contrasting looks!!

Old 12-28-2008, 05:02 AM
dreamtripper is infamous around these parts
Hi Jon - The Turbo S badge on Suncoast shows it as being for the 993 Turbo S. Is the script identical to that of the 996s Turbo?

Originally Posted by JonB
I bought the 944 Turbo script from Pelican and noticed that it has a thicker script than the original 996TT part.

I also bought a Turbo S script from Suncoast and it comes in a gun metal gray color.

You can compare the 2 in the attached picture.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drlaw99
Hey Adam,

Do you have two lids? Great contrasting looks!!
Thanks!

Yes, the car came with the regular lid, but I always wanted an Aerokit lid. After many searches on ebay, I finally found an OEM piece from a wrecked car. It was in great shape, so after some fresh paint, I now have an Aerokit car!

Old 12-28-2008, 11:05 AM
drlaw99 is just really nicedrlaw99 is just really nicedrlaw99 is just really nicedrlaw99 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
Thanks!

Yes, the car came with the regular lid, but I always wanted an Aerokit lid. After many searches on ebay, I finally found an OEM piece from a wrecked car. It was in great shape, so after some fresh paint, I now have an Aerokit car!
Awesume! Looks like you also deleted that all but worthless rear wiper as well. I just ordered a CF wing from Speedtech along with their 60mm exhaust and that RS-9000 in-dash meter that displays so much real-time info which I plan to put in place of another all but worthless item...the CD holder. Check it out at http://www.speedtechexhausts.com/Spe...-2008%20V1.wmv. I also ordered new 16/24 hybrid turbos and chip program from ELP. Kauth and Meyer in Peoria have agreed to install and tune. Everyone is offering fantastic end of year deals!

Last edited by drlaw99; 12-28-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Wow Randy! I guess you decided to go all the way! So much for "just the flash" for a year or so. You are about to really transform your car and you're going to love it! Great choices on your mods, too...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 12-28-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drlaw99
Awesume! Looks like you also deleted that all but worthless rear wiper as well. I just ordered a CF wing from Speedtech along with their 60mm exhaust and that RS-9000 in-dash meter that displays so much real-time info which I plan to put in place of another all but worthless item...the CD holder. Check it out at http://www.speedtechexhausts.com/Spe...-2008%20V1.wmv. I also ordered new 16/24 hybrid turbos and chip program from ELP. Kauth and Meyer in Peoria have agreed to install and tune. Everyone is offering fantastic end of year deals!
Very cool, bro! How long have you had your car? It seems like you're getting off to a fast start!!

These cars are soooo easy to mod and make GREAT power with. Coming from the M5, which was the opposite ($7000 for headers, etc..) is definitely a relief if you like power mods!

Good luck with the k16/24's - they're a great turbo and make awesome power...you'll love them. They drive just like stock until you put the hammer down...then look out. I had a set also, and absolutely loved them...although I quickly wanted more...lol!!

Old 12-28-2008, 03:27 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I found mine in cf on ebay about 6 months ago

Old 12-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks John and Adam! Especially John for a super deal on exhaust, CF wing, and R-9000. Kauth and Meyer are going to want to know where to get their hands on that meter. I'll pass it on. Also, huge thanks to Tony at EPL for a smokin hot deal on turbos, plugs, DV's, etc. I can't wait. BTW, in keeping with the original thought line of this thread, Adam, I liked the turbo emblem on the back of your TT, that I ordered a flat black version from Eric at Bumperplugs, along with a few other goodies! Thanks Santa!! Now I just have to be good for the rest of the year. (easier said than done!)

Old 02-02-2009, 08:30 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
any tips to removing the turbo emblem w/o screwing anything up?

What do you guys use to re-adhere the emblem (for those of you who re-used the old one after painting it)?

thanks!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
any tips to removing the turbo emblem w/o screwing anything up?

What do you guys use to re-adhere the emblem (for those of you who re-used the old one after painting it)?

thanks!
Easy! Fishing line. Use it as a saw. Start on one side and 'saw to the other. Then remove the excess sticky with Goo Gone.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:43 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
nice. thanks!

Old 02-03-2009, 05:48 PM
If you don't have any fishing line handy, you can also use dental floss.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
regarding re-installation, when I moved my carrera emblem on my old car from the stock decklid to the gt3 decklid, I just bought some of the 3-m trim adhesive from autozone (very sticky and very thin...much thinner than double stick tape), and inserted it into the recess behind the emblem, and it has stayed put ever since.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:19 PM
thanks guys. all good tips.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:44 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
I had my stock emblems painted flat black. I think they turned out great!
Your car is awesome, bro.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where to get rear Turbo script badge in black?