996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:58 PM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Anyone else have this problem with their TA rear spoiler?

I installed a TA style rear spoiler and when fully recessed, it's sitting on top of /touching the rear deck lid. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there anyway to adjust it? Thanks

Edwin

Last edited by M32; 12-28-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
My friend has the same problem. I've compare mine to his spoiler, the mounting pole from the spoiler blade are 1/2" taller than his and I don't have the same problem. We search and can't think there is a way to fix.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:34 PM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Ray,

I appreciate the feedback. Has he had any issues with his pistons failing? My only concern is that it may cause the spoiler to malfunction (which is a common occurence as we all know). Thanks

Edwin

Old 12-28-2008, 08:08 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Those wings are made incorrectly. Eventually it will scratch the hell out of the top of your decklid and the bottom of the spoiler. Ask me how I know! You can try to machine a piece of aluminum male female threaded combo, about 1 1/4 inches in body lenghth but it is a major pain in the ***. Did these guys include a 5" aluminum ram piece with your spoiler?

Old 12-29-2008, 11:36 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikerosi
Those wings are made incorrectly. Eventually it will scratch the hell out of the top of your decklid and the bottom of the spoiler. Ask me how I know! You can try to machine a piece of aluminum male female threaded combo, about 1 1/4 inches in body lenghth but it is a major pain in the ***. Did these guys include a 5" aluminum ram piece with your spoiler?
Yup! I even put a piece of 3M on the bottom of the spoiler to try and avoid the scratching and it wrinkled it right up so I removed it. This spoiler is just a good temporary change at this point until I commit to something else thats going to involve a new decklid anyway.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:39 AM
M32
Wow... seems like almost everyone is having this problem.

Have you guys noticed any problems with the hydraulic system b/c of this?

Originally Posted by LiNks
Yup! I even put a piece of 3M on the bottom of the spoiler to try and avoid the scratching and it wrinkled it right up so I removed it. This spoiler is just a good temporary change at this point until I commit to something else thats going to involve a new decklid anyway.
Yeah, I'm considering going GT2 but there's a fix coming. I'm working with someone that can prob do something

Originally Posted by mikerosi
Mike, what aluminum piece? The only thing mine came with was the removal tool

Old 12-29-2008, 12:02 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
My wing came with 2 aluminum pieces that looked like the stock rams about 5" long. Not sure why they were included, but I made 2 1 1/4 inch pieces to get it off the decklid. This was the Taiwan spoiler that was on ebay

Old 12-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Seem like there are different versions of TA rep. spoiler on the market. I got mine about 3 years ago, it only come with spoiler plus tool and fit perfect without any touch with spoiler and deck.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:56 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
I will eventually go GT2 or Aero Wing cant commit to one yet so I just run this one for now.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:58 PM
M32
I found a solution and got my problem fixed today. I had to find washers to push the spoiler up and ended up using (believe it or not) the washers that came on the lugnuts for my range rover sport. It was a near-perfect fitment. Here's a pic

I could not add more than three b/c the adaptor will not have enough threads. I also added a bit of super glue on the threads for some added protection. It BARELY touches now...

Edwin

Old 12-30-2008, 10:37 AM
benguss is infamous around these parts
Mine just touch above the 3rd brake light. I just put some carbon fiber adhesive tape where it touches. And I did get actuator miss alighnment when I first installed it, but it eventually went away. I too will eventually go to a gt2 wing when this hydraulic actutor fails.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Yea I had the same problem with the hydraulics too.... I actually like how the wing looks better when it is touching my deck lid. It sits so flush and also the angle it sits is a little better. too bad its leaving marks lol

Old 03-06-2009, 09:45 AM
996TT MAVERICK is infamous around these parts
How can they sell this.... Anyone with any pictures of spacers?.. Somebody tried with a heat gun to form it??

Old 03-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TT MAVERICK
How can they sell this.... Anyone with any pictures of spacers?.. Somebody tried with a heat gun to form it??
Heat gun won't do a thing b/c you need to extend the mounting point. I posted pics of the spacers (look up)

Edwin

Old 03-06-2009, 09:56 AM
996TT MAVERICK is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Heat gun won't do a thing b/c you need to extend the mounting point. I posted pics of the spacers (look up)

Edwin

I got this answer from John D Speedtech.

You can put some washers on the threaded insert to space the wing higher and/or heat the wing at the center with an industrial heat gun (don't ment it), then lower it when hot with a folded rag under it, to form it higher in the middle. Both methods work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have this problem?