996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How much did you pay for your used 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:39 PM
mod220 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kwei
awesome ride...I am unsubscribing from this thread, only people who are in the market for one of these should read this. For everyone else, it will almost certainly end in tears.
i agree. but i also think its important for sellers to be honest with themselves, as painful as it may be.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:37 PM
forumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really nice
1) 58k$ (dealer sold) one owner mint unmolested (including all the p-car extra goodies from the factory... )
2) May / '09
3) 2003 8,800mi (couldnt beat the miles and condition of the car) silver/black
4) 61k + more for my trade in value
5) 45k/3year full warranty

Last edited by forumtdot; 06-01-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by forumtdot
1) 58k$ (dealer sold) one owner mint unmolested (including all the p-car extra goodies from the factory... )
2) May / '09
3) 2003 8,800mi (couldnt beat the miles and condition of the car) silver/black
4) 61k + more for my trade in value
5) 45k/3year full warranty

Beautiful Car! Love the color!

Old 06-01-2009, 02:50 PM
forumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really niceforumtdot is just really nice
Originally Posted by ColoradoSilver
Beautiful Car! Love the color!
thanks same to you my friend !

Old 06-01-2009, 06:00 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 911stripper
here is my $41k car.

If this is the one in Orlando area, I would have bought it but the owner didn't know crap about his own car and had me talk to some other guy who didn't know crap about it either. He couldn't tell me any suspension details, engine info, anything....a good looking car and lucky pull as I'm sure most other serious buyers were turned off by the sellers lack of information.

In the end if you got it running good then great deal.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:57 PM
formulab is infamous around these parts
Talking

2004 x50, purchased may 2007, for 80k, with 20k miles
black w/tan interior. full leather option. pccb gen II
fikse wheels, ep exhaust, giac flash, dv's, pss9's,full clear bra, car cover
factory warr for year, cpo warr for 2 more years.
just what i was looking for at the time and was worth every penny.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:13 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SleeperX
All in jest. However in all seriousness prices are plummeting on these cars. This thread will remind people just how much money they have lost on these cars. So for future owners it is great. For current owners, such as myself, it might make you a little queasy. And I noticed from your signature which camp you are in.. :-) Now is a great time to buy..
I am not sure this is completely true, or at least that I agree with it for ALL TT's to date. I do agree that the early ones will start to go down significantly, if they have not already done so, and that now is a great time to buy them. However, there is a good argument that you get what you pay for. These cars are still not cheap by any sense of the word and some are becomong collectors pieces, or at leasy my biased opinion thinks they will.

While I probably did pay good money for my car, I think I got what I paid for. I also think I got a good deal.

My definition of a good deal: Getting something you (or exactly what)really want at a price you are prepared to pay.

In my case a 2005 Turbo S Cabriolet, all original with a mere 5,000 miles on it. The car is MINT with only very minor (and I mean monor) cosmetic defects, I am picky so I notice this stuff.
  • A small grease mark on the drivers side of the convertible top that is a pig to remove. Shows some scrubbing marks where people (including me) have attempted to completely remove it. It Will probably be there for life.
  • Very minor stone chips (Really minor 1mm underneath the 3M Bra)
  • A little wear on the driver's seat where you slide in with those abraisive jeans on.
  • Very slight elbow marks (Body Grease) on some of the leather, I am sure this will come off. I notice them no one else does.
PCCBs are perfect, all tools books and records and in tact with the wind deflector that has never been used. Everything really is MINT! If I can look after it and not wrap it round a post, I think (hope ) it will become a collectors piece, as it is IMHO the right color also. (But that is personal) and subject to argument, but it is not one of the Really common ones).

I am in the process of upgrading it with a Hi Flow Exhaust, Upgraded Waste Gate Actuators (10 - 12 psi) and a custom Flash for a cool 550hp at the wheels, I do not want or need more. That is all I will do just to give the car a little edge and a much better sound. It will never get tracked or abused. 0 - 60 is the name of the game for me, I just love being pinned in my seat, with gentle clutch operation of course. Not advisable to drop the clutch at 5k rpm on these cars. Things can fall off if you try that trick.

From what I have seen, over modded cars loose their value quite quickly. In fact people de-mod them to sell them, a DME/ECU probe can show that, plus bot wear on key performance parts. I do know when I purchased mine I had it very well inspected and would advide the same. The best $125 I spent, and the first thing they told me was no over revs, no engine abuse and no track abuse, all this info is stored in the DME/ECU.

Another important item is history. A clean CarFAX showing only private owners and the trading dealers is also important. Leasing companies and masses of owners also can depreciate the car somewhat.

I still think my car is worth somewhere in the $70k region which is still around what I paid for it.

The moral of this story, again IMHO, is; If you want a good clean car, you either get very lucky, buy it from a very good friend, or you pay good cold hard cash for it. I am sure The 2005 Turbo "S" will be the old guy on the block before long too, but it never hurts to buy the top of the line last model year of a car (996). It will loose the least of all, compared with it's pre-decessors.

Your comments would be appreciated. I have included a photo of my baby for your perusal.

SWR

Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2009, 06:30 PM
universal111 is infamous around these parts
03 996tt x50 blck/blck
25k miles
came with rims, short shift kit, lowered,gt2 wing.
private party, but inspected at porsche dealer to verify all good.
super clean, great purchase.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 PM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice
Cars are not investments,and I am very happy with what I paid and what I got. I am however curious as I am new to porsche, and I know they made a few 996 turbos, but basically will these continue downward or is there a bottom? Will these always be worth around 30-35 or more or will they be selling for 20k in two years? I dont plan on selling just wondering if these cars will level out?

Old 08-11-2009, 11:23 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
$38,000 private seller
2001 34K full leather, sport seat, pss9, 19" wheel,
Cargraphic exhaust, NAV, GT2 front bumper
ask price $40,000
come with 3rd party warranty. 2011 or 80K

Old 08-12-2009, 08:56 AM
rh888888 is infamous around these partsrh888888 is infamous around these parts
02 996 X50 42000k miles
polar silver blue int
$41000 Auction
One owner
clean car fax
Supple leather, zenons, clear bra, new tires, Bose stereo, parking sensor etc.
All service stamps manual both keys
dealer checked Perfect condition inside and out

Old 08-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Cascade is infamous around these partsCascade is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rh888888
02 996 X50 42000k miles
polar silver blue int
$41000 Auction
One owner
clean car fax
Supple leather, zenons, clear bra, new tires, Bose stereo, parking sensor etc.
All service stamps manual both keys
dealer checked Perfect condition inside and out
These cars are all based upon mileage. An X50 02 with 20-25K still goes for around $48-50K. I personally think the price has to level out around $35K with any 01-03 turbo w/40K miles.

Eddie

Old 08-24-2009, 03:53 AM
Fastfrank is infamous around these parts
Did this info ever make it to a spreadsheet?

Old 09-26-2009, 04:19 PM
FLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the rough
I just got mine, '04 turbo cab, X50, 10k miles, triple black, MSRP of $151,000.00. Asking price was 58k, got it for 54k. I found the car from a private owner but asked my dealer to CPO for a charge, and they did. Total price was about 56k.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:33 PM
aircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura about
This year

1) How much did you pay for your used 996TT?
2) When did you buy it?
3) Year and mileage?
4) What was the original price, and how much did you bargain down?
5) Did it come with the warranty, or did you buy one, or neither?

1 49900
2 Apr 09
3 2003 / 20400
4 124900 Sticker new. They were asking 55K. Walked out and they called me back. Went back 2 days later and paid what I offered the first time.
5 Paid for independent inspection at different Porsche dealer. Car was perfect. All records and yearly service. Tires were just replaced Pzeros.

I would have walked away and waited for another. I wanted the car bad but didn't want to pay more than 50K.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your used 996TT?