996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How much did you pay for your used 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 03:12 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vbmw335
Are you serious ? even with all the mods? I thought a clean stock 2003 was selling for 48k , so with additional 12k worth of mods only 2k? If its true it doesnt make sense to sell.
Don't feel bad. I am in the same boat...

Old 01-08-2010, 03:50 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Everyone buying wants prices to drop like a rock, and watch with glee all the while----until the moment they secure the purchase. Then they want the slide to magically stop. I've been on both sides.

Last edited by deckman; 01-08-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:52 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deckman
Everyone buying wants prices to drop like a rock----until the moment they secure the purchase. Then they want the slide to magically stop.
...and then reverse!!!

Old 01-08-2010, 04:04 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
I know in this market nothing is rational. But someone buying a fully stock car still has to spend the 10K to mod and get the power up...why not buy a nicely modded car and save 5k on mods.

I have been wanting to buy an Italian car...i guess i got to wait some more time.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:06 PM
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
People need to learn that most of the time, mods actually detract from the value of the car. I've seen people spend $50k on a $50k dollar car and think it's worth $100k. In all reality, it's probably worth less than a clean stock car because of all the mods.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by bradb1us
People need to learn that most of the time, mods actually detract from the value of the car. I've seen people spend $50k on a $50k dollar car and think it's worth $100k. In all reality, it's probably worth less than a clean stock car because of all the mods.

I think that is BS. That's what people want people to think, and it's driving the market that way. Someone that is looking to mod a car, would be insane to overlook a nicely modded car over a stock car. I am looking to sell my car for a number of reasons, none being the car, but next time around (there will be a next time) I will purposely seek out a car that is modified the way I want I as I KNOW I will get it less than if I buy a "mint stocker" and Mod it. I trust almost any car I can buy in this community.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:35 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
I am not saying someone should pay 50k for 50k worth of mods, pay a fair depreciated value. But saying that mods have no value is flat out wrong...because most 996tt owners are going to mod their cars at some point...so why not get a great deal on a nice modded car.

I was the same when looking for a 996tt, did not know much about the reliability etc of this car. But knowing what i know now...i will always buy modded cars esp 996tt. Its the best value out there, if fast cars are your thing.

I guess it all depends on how informed the buyer is...informed buyers appreciate the value of mods and see the value..novice ones shy away thinking all modded cars are high risk cars.

Last edited by vbmw335; 01-08-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:52 PM
heeltoe914 has a spectacular aura aboutheeltoe914 has a spectacular aura aboutheeltoe914 has a spectacular aura about

I live by this> Mods are done for you and you only. Very hard to get your money back from doing Mods. Not inpossiable just hard.
I think 50 cent on the dollar is a good return on mods but again not the norm, I am not trying to make you feel bad just responding to the question you asked I hope you get more, I myself toke a hard hit when I sold my Viper this mouth but I also know the TTs I was looking at where down in price. Its not just Turbos guys all toy cars are down right now BUYERS MARKET.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:57 PM
AlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ttboost
I think that is BS. That's what people want people to think, and it's driving the market that way. Someone that is looking to mod a car, would be insane to overlook a nicely modded car over a stock car. I am looking to sell my car for a number of reasons, none being the car, but next time around (there will be a next time) I will purposely seek out a car that is modified the way I want I as I KNOW I will get it less than if I buy a "mint stocker" and Mod it. I trust almost any car I can buy in this community.
You live in a dream world my friend...

Old 01-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by heeltoe914
I live by this> Mods are done for you and you only. Very hard to get your money back from doing Mods. Not inpossiable just hard.
I think 50 cent on the dollar is a good return on mods but again not the norm, I am not trying to make you feel bad just responding to the question you asked I hope you get more, I myself toke a hard hit when I sold my Viper this mouth but I also know the TTs I was looking at where down in price. Its not just Turbos guys all toy cars are down right now BUYERS MARKET.

Thats kinda what I was thinking, the .50 on a dollar thing. If you spend $15k on mods, add $7500 to the book value of the car and that should be a fair price to someone looking for a modded car...I would like to think my 56k mile modded car could get $55k ish.

Condition Value Excellent
$50,805
Good
$48,405
Fair
$45,005

Old 01-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by AlFromCalabasas
You live in a dream world my friend...

It's nice here...

Old 01-08-2010, 05:31 PM
AlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to beholdAlFromCalabasas is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ttboost
It's nice here...
It's nicer over here considering my window is open with a nice 80 degree breeze blowing on my face while I watch the sun set..

Lol.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by AlFromCalabasas
It's nicer over here considering my window is open with a nice 80 degree breeze blowing on my face while I watch the sun set..

Lol.

OK...now that was just plain mean...

Old 01-08-2010, 05:33 PM
But yeah, I had an e46 M3 with over 20 grand into modifications, good stuff like Vorsteiner and a VF blower, but I literally got nothing for all of the money I put into that car, that was defiantly the first and last time....

-Alex

Old 01-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Yup...lost money on almost every car I've owned. BUT, I buy them to mod them , that's the fun. Once I'm done and bored...like now. I accept it and move on...But you have to at least TRY to get some money back...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your used 996TT?