996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How much did you pay for your used 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 AM
stevengerard is infamous around these parts
I was kind of thinking of selling my car (even though I prefer not to) as in this economy it is the only car I have payments on and it would save me a bunch. I knew the prices would go down but man they are way down, it almost makes no sense at all to sell the car now, sure it would save a huge payment each month but with spring around the corner, events coming up and heck the national meet in my hometown I think I'll suck it up.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Have you considered refinancing your car stevengerard? Depending on your situation, it might make sense to consider that. Best wishes!

Old 01-28-2010, 08:56 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
No way $30k is representative of the market. That is the absolute outlier based on everything I've seen over the last several months. Great deal for the buyer but the seller was an idiot - he would have gotten probably $35-37k from a dealer outright unless there were some serious issues.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:03 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
There are a lot of cars out there in the 30's and they have stories/questionable history.

http://www.luxurycars.com/searchview.php?ID=p2685649

http://www.luxurycars.com/searchview.php?ID=P1686151

NOW if you don't care about a salvage car or maybe a flood car...

The old sayings hold true, You get what you pay for. Not everything in life is a deal...be careful.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
1) How much did you pay for your used 996TT? $36,700

2) When did you buy it? Oct 18, 2009

3) Year and mileage? 2003 66,5xx

4) What was the original price, and how much did you bargain down? $39,xxx. I got it down to $38,000. He gave me an additional $2,300 for my 04 Cayenne he wanted in trade. He shipped the car to me and my Cayenne to him. He had the parts for the rear wing hydraulics and paid to have them installed. He gave me $1,000 for regular maintenance and a few little things that needed to be fixed.

5) Did it come with the warranty, or did you buy one, or neither? No.

P.S. The car had a clean car fax and a lot of records for service and maintenance history. I ran the VIN# a few weeks back to get the factory build sheet since I don't have the factory window sticker and found out it was a 2003 X50.
I have put 6,000+ miles on it and it has been a great car!

Old 01-28-2010, 10:12 AM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BeltFed
Jan 20
56K Miles
$30,000

Double WOW

Old 01-28-2010, 10:17 AM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
1) How much did you pay for your used 996TT? $36,700

2) When did you buy it? Oct 18, 2009

3) Year and mileage? 2003 66,5xx

4) What was the original price, and how much did you bargain down? $39,xxx. I got it down to $38,000. He gave me an additional $2,300 for my 04 Cayenne he wanted in trade. He shipped the car to me and my Cayenne to him. He had the parts for the rear wing hydraulics and paid to have them installed. He gave me $1,000 for regular maintenance and a few little things that needed to be fixed.

5) Did it come with the warranty, or did you buy one, or neither? No.

P.S. The car had a clean car fax and a lot of records for service and maintenance history. I ran the VIN# a few weeks back to get the factory build sheet since I don't have the factory window sticker and found out it was a 2003 X50.
I have put 6,000+ miles on it and it has been a great car!

That was a great purchase. A 2003 X50 for less than 35K. Congrats.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:21 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RxPorsche
That was a great purchase. A 2003 X50 for less than 35K. Congrats.

...and sorry to the guy that had to give it away...

Old 01-28-2010, 10:36 AM
garrickl is infamous around these parts
1) How much did you pay for your used 996TT? $60,000

2) When did you buy it? Dec 2006

3) Year and mileage? 2001 with 17,400 miles

4) What was the original price, and how much did you bargain down? $68,000. The car came with full EVO Stage 4 engine upgrades, TechArt body kit appearance group and TechArt 19" wheel set, short shifter and other upgrades.

5) Did it come with the warranty, or did you buy one, or neither? No, but I purchased a 4 year full coverage policy from the local Porsche dealer which I later ended up using when my 2nd gear synchro failed and started popping out on decel.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
In 2006 that was the deal of the year.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:09 AM
That's what I thought when I bought it. Came with all receipts and EVO did the Stage 4 install at their facility in AZ. Other than the 2nd gear problem, which was covered under extended warranty, the car has been problem free and a blast to drive.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:39 AM
upod1mm is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bradb1us
People need to learn that most of the time, mods actually detract from the value of the car. I've seen people spend $50k on a $50k dollar car and think it's worth $100k. In all reality, it's probably worth less than a clean stock car because of all the mods.
agreed. when you buy a modded car, you can assume its been driven harder than a stock car. to get your money out of mods, you need to find someone who wants to build the car exactly the way you did, and doesnt care about being able to pick and choose the part for him or herself. i personally am looking for a stock one so that i can pick out the parts myself

Old 01-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Could not state it better. There are those who value the vehicle for exactly what it is and do everything to preserve it bone stock. There are those of us who want more and mod and enhance appearance and performance. It is much cheaper to buy an already modded car than to do it yourself from stock. I have owned Porsches since I was 17 years old and have never kept one stock. Buying any used vehicle always has risks. As long as you know what you want and carefully inspect the historical service and upgrade\mod records, have a PPI done before you buy and then purchase an extended warranty as backup [if available] buying an already modded car can get you a quicker car with the work already done and save you considerable money in the process.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:07 PM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by leftlane
No way $30k is representative of the market. That is the absolute outlier based on everything I've seen over the last several months. Great deal for the buyer but the seller was an idiot - he would have gotten probably $35-37k from a dealer outright unless there were some serious issues.
2nd!

Old 02-02-2010, 08:06 PM
04TTCab is infamous around these parts
1) How much did you pay for your used 996TT?
2) When did you buy it?
3) Year and mileage?
4) What was the original price, and how much did you bargain down?
5) Did it come with the warranty, or did you buy one, or neither?

I feel like I got a great deal on mine! Still very happy with it. 2004 996TT Cabriolet. Midnight Metallic Blue with natural brown leather, leather dash, color key gauges.

1) $58,000
2)July 2009
3) 2004 - 4250 miles, had not even had its 5k service when I purchased it.
4) Wanted 65k got him down 7k.
5)I bought an extended warranty and went through the Porsche dealer for my financing too. Had the 5k service as taken care of as part of the purchase deal. Also had it Certified from the dealer.

Just recently took off my 18" turbo twists and put on some 997 five stars I purchased from another board member. They look great, and if anyone is looking for some 18" twists have a set with tires with only 5k on them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay for your used 996TT?