996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

divertervalves

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Steve: I have an almost new OEM set of diverter valves that I took out when the car had 18K miles on it...nothing wrong with them, just took them out and put in EVO DV's. If you want them you can have them as a freebie....even tho probably most of the guys will recommend that if you're going to go thru the trouble of replacing them you should go to either EVOM, Forge, or Bailey billet style.....

Old 12-29-2008, 11:00 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Not too difficult, but definitely needs some dexterity and thought. Don't be afraid to significantly distort the F hose to get at the clamps on removal- when you re-install it will be easier since the clamp can be placed in a better orientation. The DIY by Steven Kaspar on IA was helpful. I found a small pair of locking needle-nosed ViceGrips to be indispensable. Home depot or wherever.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:05 AM
magoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant future
Just finished mine this morning, Pain in the A$$ but doable. It kind of depends in wich direction the clamps are pointing. 3 of mine were pointing towards the front wich makes it a little more difficult.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
It must be standard procedure for the way they assemble the engine because every instance I've heard about... all of the nubs on the DV clamps are on the back side of the hoses pointing away from you. I wonder how many collective hours and collorful language have been spent on this mod that should have been a 15 minute job.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:53 AM
rolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to behold
Ever Think of Lowering the Engine Cradle??? (15 min)

I replaced my DVs, Fhose and all check valves in the secondary air pump system with EVO diverters and OEM check valves-EASILY by droping the rear of the motor (15 minutes) off the mounts. You tilt the engine craddle down 3 inches-you can even clean everything while you are in there.

Email me if you want instructions. I don't know why Steve Kaspar didnt include this in his excellent instructions. To me this is easier and I have access to everything.

Last edited by rolfjahn; 12-31-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Rolf: That's the best suggestion I've heard so far.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rolfjahn
Email me if you want instructions. I don't know why Steve Kaspar didnt include this in his excellent instructions. To me this is easier and I have access to everything.
Do you mind sharing those instructions here? This sounds like a great tip that many people could benefit from. Thanks!

Old 12-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Rolf: That's the best suggestion I've heard so far.
Just be careful how much you lower the engine...I seem to recall a horror story or two from people who lowered too much and broke stuff like hose fittings for various hoses that wouldn't stretch far enough to accomodate the amount of lowering. If I recall correctly a few inches shouldn't hurt, but just keep an I out for stretched cables/hoses.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:17 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
It's not a hard job, it's just VERY tight in there. Take your time and you will do fine.

Here is a DIY done by Stephen Kaspar at IA: http://www.turbo911.com/showthread.php?t=287 It is very helpful!!

I am about to replace mine and, being a visual type guy, was sorry all the pics seem to be gone from Stehphens diu. Anyway to renew them?

Old 12-31-2008, 06:19 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Do you mind sharing those instructions here? This sounds like a great tip that many people could benefit from. Thanks!
+1, thanks

Old 12-31-2008, 06:36 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
chuck for the offer however am thinking of forge or evo ron at ibp has aset instock

Old 12-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Steve: I'd probably just go with Ron's DV's....as long as he has them in stock it's the easiest way to go. Are you going to install them or have Ron do it? If he does it, it shouldn't go over an hour's worth of labor. LLoyd has done it before and knows the shortcuts...he can have you in/out of there before you can read this month's edition of Excellence. Even though my stock DVs are relatively new, I think you're wise going with one of the top names....get it done then don't worry about it.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:55 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by riverflyer
I am about to replace mine and, being a visual type guy, was sorry all the pics seem to be gone from Stehphens diu. Anyway to renew them?
Wow, I didn't even notice that when I posted the link. I'm very visual as well, and that's the main reason I posted the DIY...lots of pics, and a great explanation. Sorry about that.

Maybe you could email Stephen for the pics... porschephd@imagineauto.com

Old 12-31-2008, 10:13 PM
I emailed Stephen early this afternoon when I saw that they links to the pics weren't working....there's a notice on his website that it's under reconstruction so that might be the reason for the lack of pictures.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:05 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
yep an hour is what ron quoted me. that does not count the time to drive there from rocklin. the drive back will be fun can't wait to hear the woooosh sound again .i still go back and look at em as a do it yourself thing looks ez but requires patience and i'm sure some bllod letting what a woos i've become....hate small places

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: divertervalves