996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need EVOMS GT2 Clutch Conversion Instructions...Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:02 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Since the Steering and clutch share the same fluid (pentosin) what happens with the steering part??

Old 01-02-2009, 09:21 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
What does it do:

1. Shifting clutch pick up/gear changes are laser precise...stock is slop. Per Stephan at IA, it is like a 996 GT3 now. I love it. PM John D or search on clutch and John D for his opinion(s). He does 0-x stuff. I don't do fast start stuff. I have a UMW racing clutch and a LWFW from UMW too.

It also deletes the standard slave and accumulator.

The clutch is harder to press down than before. I am used to it and prefer it a lot. It is easier than my old 1993 Audi S4....but about 50% harder than stock IMHO>

2. Cost: kit is 900 I think. Contact IA or EVO (or some other dealer with it).
Labor...I had 6 hours into it plus pentosin. Stephen at IA can do it in 3 hours or so....it was the first time at my shop....if your shop has done it, that will save you a lot as it seems it was challenging (we also lacked the instructions you see above....hence my post to help others).

3. The steering stuff is just kept in place and remains separate. There is still pentosin in the car...but the slave and accumulator are gone!

SO, if you think you need a new Power Steering reservoir...now is your chance. Also, if you need BOV's or are doing tranny work, this is a great thing to do with the engine dropped....saving much $$$$$.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 01-02-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:30 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Helps looks like a very good mod to do!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Not to mention it removed yet ONE MORE failure point that can catch the car on fire... Some may remember the Youtube clip I posted where the accumulator was backing out and the pentosin spewed all over a very HOT motore... Could have ended in disaster, as Pentosin has a hot flashpoint and can ignite... We've had other cars on here and rennlist catch fire due to clutch or steering component failure...

Mike

Old 01-03-2009, 07:11 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
this is removing the hydraulic clutch assist correct?

Old 01-03-2009, 07:20 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Yes. I love mine. If you are a serious driver, it just transforms the shifting of the manual to track status.....my opinion. I thought such statements were "excessive" until I did it.

It is harder to push. And it is still hydraulic...hence the brake fluid. It just feels much better/direct.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by contigo
Cost of the kit ??? In actual driving what are the differences please
exactly. cost? how does it make a difference

Old 01-04-2009, 02:53 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
It will also make a difference with Oakley sequential shifter?

Old 01-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Oakley sequential shifter???? What is this??

Old 01-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
There's the link to the part... about a $1000 including shipping, plus I'm guessing about 8 hours labor if your shop has never done one.

I don't know anything about the Oakly sequential shifter but I'm guessing it might work with it.

http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vie...002C337C06B%7D

Mike

Originally Posted by Prche951
exactly. cost? how does it make a difference

Old 01-05-2009, 06:21 AM
The clutch and the Oakley are separate..you still need to clutch...the new unit will make pick up (gt2 mod) less vague. I suppose if you have the sequential unit, you can shift faster ....but at some point you'll want feed back on the gas/clutch/movement...I suspect it would be a track weapon with both mods.....cup car-esque with more torque stock, let alone with some boost added...

Good luck. If you do the mod, please post. The labor for the sequential will pretty much make this cheap, as you'll already have the tranny down (much of the labor)....probably half off the labor....

JB

Old 01-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Guys, There is a lot of general discussion about "clutch". I believe this is confusing the discussion topics...

There is a "CLUTCH", and Pressure plate, and a flywheel, which is generally part of a CLUTCH upgrade.

There is a CLUTCH HYDRAULIC SYSTEM, which is what the EVOMS GT2 Clutch Hydraulic kit upgrades, along with the OEM 996TT Pentosin based system...

The Oakly is a shifter kit upgrade that makes your tranny shift in a manual clutch sequential manner.

Mike

Old 01-06-2009, 05:25 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
the Oakley unit is also $8000+, so if your racing for money or have tons of disposable cash, it might be worth it. If your a weekend warrior I can't imagine doing this upgrade. The money is better spend elsewhere getting your speeds up, like motons or the like. Still, would be fun to try a car with it.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:27 AM
Originally Posted by Prche951
the Oakley unit is also $8000+, so if your racing for money or have tons of disposable cash, it might be worth it. If your a weekend warrior I can't imagine doing this upgrade. The money is better spend elsewhere getting your speeds up, like motons or the like. Still, would be fun to try a car with it.
Yeap got their offer yesterday, dont see why it cost so much!!!! a similar system for the STI Subaru is $1,500!!!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:30 AM
Originally Posted by contigo
Yeap got their offer yesterday, dont see why it cost so much!!!! a similar system for the STI Subaru is $1,500!!!!!

LOL, because it says Porsche on it. I think each one comes with a tube of KY and a personal salesman to use it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need EVOMS GT2 Clutch Conversion Instructions...Help