996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need EVOMS GT2 Clutch Conversion Instructions...Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:03 AM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Prche951
LOL, because it says Porsche on it. I think each one comes with a tube of KY and a personal salesman to use it.
KY is extra...!!!, it isnt included as always

Old 01-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by contigo
KY is extra...!!!, it isnt included as always
true, but they charged you for it and didn't tell you, since it is a necessary part.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:18 PM
ait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mikelly
There's the link to the part... about a $1000 including shipping, plus I'm guessing about 8 hours labor if your shop has never done one.

I don't know anything about the Oakly sequential shifter but I'm guessing it might work with it.

http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vie...002C337C06B%7D

Mike
Evoms just quoted me 8 hours of work + full list price on the kit to do it in their shop. You'd think they would be able to do it faster than that.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:33 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Call Stephen at IA...and, see my notes above. I was the first guy at my shop and I am sure it would be 50% faster for the second person....

Installation has a steep learning curve....

JB

Old 03-25-2009, 02:20 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ait109
Evoms just quoted me 8 hours of work + full list price on the kit to do it in their shop. You'd think they would be able to do it faster than that.
If your interested, I have a CNC'd slave bracket FS in the classifieds. I also have the part #s needed, should save you a few hundred. PM me if you want.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:48 AM
ait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant future
What is the difference between the Porsche master and slave cylinders and the FTE ones on Pelican?

Old 03-26-2009, 01:45 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
by doing this mod will it also eliminate my ps whine?
not sure exactly what causes this whine but someone mentioned that the cause was the ps resovoir.
by looking over the instructions it seems like the ps pump and resovior get reinstalled.
someone please enlighten me.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:52 PM
For the whine (the whine that goes away when you step on the clutch) you need the PS reservoir changed. I figure if I do the GT2 hydraulic mod at the same time I get the PS reservoir changed (which I plan to do), then i save some $ on labor.

When comparing prices for the genuine Porsche parts, suncoast has everybody beat. But the FTE parts for the slave and master cylinder that are available from pelican and others is far less expensive. I just don't know if there is a difference in quality.

Ed

Originally Posted by oak
by doing this mod will it also eliminate my ps whine?
not sure exactly what causes this whine but someone mentioned that the cause was the ps resovoir.
by looking over the instructions it seems like the ps pump and resovior get reinstalled.
someone please enlighten me.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:09 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
ed, thanks for the quick reply. that makes more sense.

anyone have the part number for the ps resovoir? price? I should have mine replaced, it's becoming more noticeable.

TIA

Old 03-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Oak,

I have had the GT2 coversion for a few years, but sometimes notice when I slow to a crawl, like in a parking lot, I hear a slight whine and if I depress the clutch, it stops as soon as the clutch is disengaged.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 03-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Check sunset imports for a quote: 99731492031. http://sunsetimports.com/renntech.php

They were substantially less than the $800 or so on pelican.

Ed

Originally Posted by oak
ed, thanks for the quick reply. that makes more sense.

anyone have the part number for the ps resovoir? price? I should have mine replaced, it's becoming more noticeable.

TIA

Old 03-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
It seems that labor is all over the place on this. It should not be much more work if you are already doing the clutch, but if your not isn't almost as bad labor wise??

Old 03-26-2009, 10:05 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Yes. I love mine. If you are a serious driver, it just transforms the shifting of the manual to track status.....my opinion. I thought such statements were "excessive" until I did it.

It is harder to push. And it is still hydraulic...hence the brake fluid. It just feels much better/direct.
I'm just really starting to hate my stock setup with the different uptake from one minute to the next, especially when I keep thinking about this GT2 clutch kit to fix it. I just wish it wasn't so labor intensive. Now I'm just waiting for something related to fail/break so I can do the conversion at the same time. The problem is I had the Sachs LWFW/clutch and new accumulator installed only 6K miles ago, so I may have a long wait. This is making me crazy.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:26 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone know a place in the LA area that does this fairly quick (and not too expensive)?

Old 11-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Oak,

I have had the GT2 coversion for a few years, but sometimes notice when I slow to a crawl, like in a parking lot, I hear a slight whine and if I depress the clutch, it stops as soon as the clutch is disengaged.
Just found resovoir leaking pentosin... thinking of going GT2 route.
Mine's been doing exactly what you describe but my car's still on the OEM set up.

What exactly is causing this?

thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need EVOMS GT2 Clutch Conversion Instructions...Help