996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need EVOMS GT2 Clutch Conversion Instructions...Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:24 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
This is a great upgrade. You will need to remove a gear from the PS pump that prevents it from continuing to pump to a hydraulic clutch slave that no longer exists. Also, make sure you flush the clutch hydraulic lines with liberal amounts of brake fluid before you put in the new master. Otherwise leftover Pentosin will eat the rubber seals in the new master. Mine failed quickly after install, not sure if it was Pentosin or just a defect but I had to put in a new slave. I would not have another Porsche without this upgrade....

Old 11-16-2009, 03:19 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dgreen78
If your interested, I have a CNC'd slave bracket FS in the classifieds. I also have the part #s needed, should save you a few hundred. PM me if you want.

(bought this piece + the other stuff too)

Thx Don, looks like a very solid piece. Now it needs to go in.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:21 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Attached (doc) files. I have permission from John Bray at EVO to post this per an email today. I have found the improvement to be tremendous and recommend this.

Gotchas that we (the indy) had:

1. Make sure you have all of the plugs...
2. Leaks happen. Drive. Check. Drive. Check. Drive check.
3. If you think you are done. Drive. And check.

I use a lot of vendors' things (UMW, EVO/IA now with this, Vivid/JIC/H&R/Agency, Switzer, TechArt, Pioneer, Cocomats).

We are very lucky to have so much talent in our market. If you like to shift with precision, this is a wonderful thing to install. As you can see, it is involved (say shop hours). .

Where to get the plugs?

Went through this manual, nowhere it says to drop the tranny - does that mean it is not necessary, or just self-explanatory that it has to be done in order to reach all places?

Old 11-16-2009, 03:34 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
I think you can do it without dropping the tranny, but the plug for the pressure line is at a break that is where the engine and "bellhousing" meet, and it's way too tight for my paws to get in, even with water lines, axle shifted, etc. I'm sure it can be done tranny on, but I've been saving mine to do with the clutch this Winter.
It's not a difficult mod. Just tight spaces which make really frustrating.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by jjbravo
I think you can do it without dropping the tranny, but the plug for the pressure line is at a break that is where the engine and "bellhousing" meet, and it's way too tight for my paws to get in, even with water lines, axle shifted, etc. I'm sure it can be done tranny on, but I've been saving mine to do with the clutch this Winter.
It's not a difficult mod. Just tight spaces which make really frustrating.
Good info, I appreciate this input. So in other words prob a good thing to do during LSD install which a race shop will assist me with. Just eager to get the power assist system out of the car, so annoying - and my clutch spring creaks like an old door, drives me nuts.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:11 PM
mhall1019 has a spectacular aura aboutmhall1019 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for instructions - no help from EVOMS

I just bought the $989 conversion kit from EVOMS and although I requested instructions and was told I would get them, nothing showed up by email or in the box. Obviously couldn't do it without the installation instructions and the files in this thread.

Mike

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Attached (doc) files. I have permission from John Bray at EVO to post this per an email today. I have found the improvement to be tremendous and recommend this.

Gotchas that we (the indy) had:

1. Make sure you have all of the plugs...
2. Leaks happen. Drive. Check. Drive. Check. Drive check.
3. If you think you are done. Drive. And check.

I use a lot of vendors' things (UMW, EVO/IA now with this, Vivid/JIC/H&R/Agency, Switzer, TechArt, Pioneer, Cocomats).

We are very lucky to have so much talent in our market. If you like to shift with precision, this is a wonderful thing to install. As you can see, it is involved (say shop hours). .

Old 04-25-2010, 06:36 PM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
Thinking about doing this mod too. When I leave my car for a day or two the car will not go into gear until I pump the clutch 5-10 times. Is this because there is air in the system? Sometimes the clutch gets stuck and I have to bring it up?
I changed accumalator about 6 months ago.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:30 AM
Clutch symptoms indicating slave cyl problem

I am not sure about your symptoms, but I think they have been discussed in this forum. I had the classic symptoms of the overflowing Pentosin reservoir in the front trunk that led me to either doing stock replacement of slave/accumulator or going the GT2 route. I'm doing the GT2 conversion.
Mike

Originally Posted by 911GT700
Thinking about doing this mod too. When I leave my car for a day or two the car will not go into gear until I pump the clutch 5-10 times. Is this because there is air in the system? Sometimes the clutch gets stuck and I have to bring it up?
I changed accumalator about 6 months ago.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:19 AM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
Mike, I would be doing the same exact thing if I were you.
Mine, just might be air but still considering the slave conversion.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 AM
jimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mhall1019
I just bought the $989 conversion kit from EVOMS and although I requested instructions and was told I would get them, nothing showed up by email or in the box. Obviously couldn't do it without the installation instructions and the files in this thread.

Mike
I just bought their kit also. Rod emailed me the instructions on a zip file. pm me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks Jimmy got it.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Can't PM yet.

Thanks. I can't PM yet, but soon I will have posted the fact that I can't PM, I'll have 15 posts and I will be able to PM.
I'm at kraftwerk911@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by jimmy k
I just bought their kit also. Rod emailed me the instructions on a zip file. pm me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:51 PM
harkerdude is infamous around these partsharkerdude is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ait109
What is the difference between the Porsche master and slave cylinders and the FTE ones on Pelican?
I'm trying to source the parts for the conversion as well and I saw this too.
It says the FTE is an oem supplier to porsche but there is a price difference. Does anyone know if there is actually a difference in quality or just porsche name that's jacking up the price? Thanks in advance

Old 10-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Porsche vs. OEM GT2 clutch slave cyl.

I have bought a genuine GT2 slave and the OEM one that came in EVOMS kit. I assume EVOMS bought/sold the OEM version. The body and hydraulics were identical. The genuine one came with the rod as shown in Pelican's picture. The rod is too short for the conversion - it has to be replaced with the stock 996tt one.

EVOMS modified the slave cyl by tapping one of the mounting flange holes for the bolt that holds it to their bracket. This hole needs to be tapped squarely, or there will be stress on the slave cyl housing.

I did not use the slave cyl that came with the EVOMS kit, although, I did pressure test it hydraulically with a bench-top rig. It is threaded and ready to be mounted to the bracket. If you are interested in purchasing it and some of the other conversion pieces, let me know.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 PM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
I wrote full instructions, prices and were I got them from to build and install yor own kit. Saves yourself $550 bucks just do a forum search. Under Thread: Built and installed my own gt2 mod kit with instructions
All the info you would need is there

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need EVOMS GT2 Clutch Conversion Instructions...Help