996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 2009 Pca Zone 2 Event part DEUX!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:57 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
just got e-mail from zone 2 it says theirs going to be a passing test for red and black,being set up by national.its going to be a test for passing in turns.with a pass signal of course,cause this is NOT RACING.

it says for further info they say they have created a forum on motorsportreg.com website for further discussions and questions.

i can't seam to find this on their web site.anybody seen this yet?

Old 02-20-2009, 05:01 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
ya, this is a great opportunity for the PCA and something a good deal of us red/black run group members have wanted for quite some time. Just remember guys, this means that though they state its not racing, the mentality that some will have to this new proposition will be dangerously similar. Make sure to really keep your eyes open for cars coming up on you at ALL times and to never let the red mist get ahold of you even for a second. If you feel like your going to try to "beat" this guy down the straight, just back off, give him the easy point-by, and catch him at the next corner. I cant wait for this to take effect, but Im also quite nervous by some of the possible dangers this new test holds.

This also means that you guys will have to try to really look back and try to recognize faster cars earlier than you may have had to. Now I know I will have to do this as well often, but in sections like the rising esses, keep in mind that people WILL be entering at over 125 mph regularly and if you arent careful, can easily catch up to someone that entered at a still respectable 115...I know Im gunning for 130-134 this year, and there isnt anything more OH **** than coming up to a car in the esses with 20 mph less than you. Just food for thought.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:19 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
drew have you driven with chin this will be the same format as with them,.and yes it is very different than in the straights,a little unnerving to say the least,the first couple of times, but like you said watch your mirrors and point em buy with a good grip on the wheel, and hold your line.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
In my humble opinion, Chin has the best format going. There is NOTHING like passing (with a point by) ANYWHERE on VIR... It was an eye opener for me last Summer!

Mike

Old 02-20-2009, 05:37 PM
CarreraDos is infamous around these parts
If you log onto MotorsportReg.com, you'll see the Attendee Forum at the bottom. Here's a link, hope it works.
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...D5A08CAE91712C

In addition to reducing traffic, it'll also help teach red and black group drivers track awareness.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:39 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
What's the chances of waitlisting in Red?

Old 02-20-2009, 05:41 PM
CarreraDos is infamous around these parts
Red has a 7 person waitlist. Black has 3 openings right now. From prior experience, it'll be rare to see 7 people drop out this close to the event.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:28 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
ya, this is a great opportunity for the PCA and something a good deal of us red/black run group members have wanted for quite some time. Just remember guys, this means that though they state its not racing, the mentality that some will have to this new proposition will be dangerously similar. Make sure to really keep your eyes open for cars coming up on you at ALL times and to never let the red mist get ahold of you even for a second. If you feel like your going to try to "beat" this guy down the straight, just back off, give him the easy point-by, and catch him at the next corner. I cant wait for this to take effect, but Im also quite nervous by some of the possible dangers this new test holds.

This also means that you guys will have to try to really look back and try to recognize faster cars earlier than you may have had to. Now I know I will have to do this as well often, but in sections like the rising esses, keep in mind that people WILL be entering at over 125 mph regularly and if you arent careful, can easily catch up to someone that entered at a still respectable 115...I know Im gunning for 130-134 this year, and there isnt anything more OH **** than coming up to a car in the esses with 20 mph less than you. Just food for thought.
Scariest thing EVER!!! I was running in blue, first time at VIR so at first I needed to be comfy at those esses.. When I did though I was catching up to people so damn fast in them and being forced to let off or do something stupid :/ I would imagine it's much better in black/red as everyone have much much more experience to keep the flow and traffic moving, hopefully white will be as well as I doubt i'll be moving up from there this event.. You guy's in red are NUTS!

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
What's the chances of waitlisting in Red?
Chris you should definitely try and make it, get on the list!

Old 02-21-2009, 02:13 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by stuart997gt3
drew have you driven with chin this will be the same format as with them,.and yes it is very different than in the straights,a little unnerving to say the least,the first couple of times, but like you said watch your mirrors and point em buy with a good grip on the wheel, and hold your line.
no, but from the grand-am race I did at VIR and other more "loose" programs, its definitely an interesting experience for those that havent had that "wheel to wheel" STYLE feel. Its an amazing feeling though...especially when you can pass in 17-17a...thats for some reason a fantastic feeling...lol, well all get to experience some sort of rendition of this feeling for sure though.

Last edited by sechsgang; 02-21-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:12 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. It sounds "on the edge" to say the least.

Jeff

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 02-21-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:09 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Getting close guys! A week and a half...

Old 03-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
White is MUCH MUCH better as far as traffic flow. However, And some who were there last year with First Settlers might chime in, I was having big time issues with guys entering T2/3 as I was braking at T1 and before T5 I was catching them. I had several members come up to me and ASK ME to get a check-off for black. Closing speeds between the high hp guys and the slower drivers can be intimidating. Just remember, you're overtaking the other driver, so it's on you to do it in as safe a manor as possible...

Martin, When you move up to black or red, you'll lose your mind. I'd do CHIN when they come up for Watkins this year... Imagine open passing EVERYWHERE!!! You'll be blown away!

Mike

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Scariest thing EVER!!! I was running in blue, first time at VIR so at first I needed to be comfy at those esses.. When I did though I was catching up to people so damn fast in them and being forced to let off or do something stupid :/ I would imagine it's much better in black/red as everyone have much much more experience to keep the flow and traffic moving, hopefully white will be as well as I doubt i'll be moving up from there this event.. You guy's in red are NUTS!

Chris you should definitely try and make it, get on the list!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:42 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
White is MUCH MUCH better as far as traffic flow. However, And some who were there last year with First Settlers might chime in, I was having big time issues with guys entering T2/3 as I was braking at T1 and before T5 I was catching them. I had several members come up to me and ASK ME to get a check-off for black. Closing speeds between the high hp guys and the slower drivers can be intimidating. Just remember, you're overtaking the other driver, so it's on you to do it in as safe a manor as possible...

Martin, When you move up to black or red, you'll lose your mind. I'd do CHIN when they come up for Watkins this year... Imagine open passing EVERYWHERE!!! You'll be blown away!

Mike
Nice Mike looking forward to it, it gets scary out there when you are flying running up on peoples back ends in places you shouldn't be hitting brakes or lifting lol :/

I can't imagine passing everywhere, must be nuts, i'll check out the Chin at Watkins

Old 03-05-2009, 08:52 AM
got a problem guys...the forcast looks REALLLLLLY bland this year...its saying a potential for SNOW...

Old 03-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Wtffffffffffff

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 2009 Pca Zone 2 Event part DEUX!