996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Beware the collection miami

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Out of curiousity- why not buy it from lease co in due course. With the values the way they are you could come out ahead? That is a question.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:03 AM
Imolas54 is infamous around these parts
why would you want to buy it after it has been in an accident like that.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:07 AM
babypimpin is a splendid one to beholdbabypimpin is a splendid one to beholdbabypimpin is a splendid one to beholdbabypimpin is a splendid one to beholdbabypimpin is a splendid one to beholdbabypimpin is a splendid one to behold
speechless...

msgsobe, Sorry for what happened...i feel your pain...GL with whatever action you're taking on this. Hopefully the good guy comes out on top here

Old 01-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
The only way I'd buy that car after the "repairs" is if I was looking for a full out track car platform to build a track day terror from, and I knew the company doing all the repairs, AND i was getting a significant (more than 35%) break on the wholesale of that car.

And I do NOT blame the OP for being upset... This is ONE of the many reasons I do most of my own work.

Mike

Old 01-10-2009, 06:46 AM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
looks like someone is getting a new GT2

Old 01-10-2009, 07:53 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
that is crazy.... hope it gets resolved in the best of ways....keep us updated...

Old 01-10-2009, 09:25 AM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
thats what i would want

Originally Posted by contigo
looks like someone is getting a new GT2
I would ask for a brand new GT2(2009 )and be done with it

one can only dream

Old 01-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
that shop should be reamed and put out of business for doing what they did. Sleezeballs!!!!

Old 01-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Blue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the rough
That totally sucks, best of luck with getting it resolved. I am curious how something like that is covered under my own insurance.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Ok, here are the facts:

1. OP dropped car off to have work done
2. Punk at shop races car and severely damages it
3. Shop wants OP's insurance to cover injuries.

Here is what OP needs to do:
1. Tell shop to repair car.
2. Tell shop that Punks injuries will be covered by shops Workmans Comp insurance
3. Do not GIVE shop your INSURANCE, they do not need it.
4. Tell shop to give you their insurance, because the damage to the car will have dropped it's resale value, causing you to have to possibly pay dealer when returning said vehicle.
5. Find auto appraiser who deals with diminished value as a result of accidents to get estimate of lost value to give to shops insurance.
6. go to scene of accident and take pics and especially skid marks.

I would add, that you may want to contact the other victim (truck owner) and use his eyewitness account to file a police report for racing on a street. This will give you all the ammo you need in court if you need to go to court. I would absolutely hammer them.

Last edited by Prche951; 01-10-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Onibas is infamous around these parts
Increible!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
951: That's consistent with what I was thinking....it seems onconscionable that your insurance company would sit idly by willing to be hit with an injuy claim and/or vehicle repair from a company that was entrusted with your car....not only entrusted with it, but also agreed to fix it for a set amount as specified in the estimate of time/costs set forth in the work order. The work order only gives them the right to do certain things. That work order would seem to form the foundation of a contract between you and the vendor for a set limit of things to be done and costs involved.

Think of it another way....you break down on the road...you call a towtruck to come and pick up you car....as the tow truck driver is pulling it onto the flatbed, the chain breaks and the car comes off the bed and hits the driver.....Are you going to tell me that the tow company will be able to go after YOUR insurance company for the injuries sustained by the driver or damage to the car? The entire concept doesn't make sense. Tow companies as well as dealerships are required to carry liability insurance to cover just this sort of thing. The owner of the car in essence contracted for a particular service....which the errant company didn't provide and not only damaged his goods, but also injured an employee in the process....and YOU pay? Take it anothe step.....would you be assessed "points" because of a major claim against your policy? Why not if....let's say the fellow was killed...and now the family wants to sue...do they have the right to go after you because you had a deeper pocket than the company you contracted with? Why don't they just post a sign at the service center..."NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR CAR OR INJURY TO EMPLOYEES WHO WORK ON YOUR CAR" Sorry...but this just doesn't make sense. Something is missing from all this....

Where's Jason Stuart (StuartFirm) in all this....he's a well known civil attorney from Arkansas and has a good grasp on this sort of thing. JASON??? ARE YOU THERE??

Last edited by Chuck Jones; 01-10-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Chuck, exactly. All companies have workers compensation insurance. This scenario is exactly what it's for. Besides your own insurance would deny their claim anyway. Or they should. My wife has been in the insurance industry for 20 years. She was an office manager and has been an adjuster, in work comp., liability, property, etc. I told her about it and what I posted came from her. The insurance part of it anyway.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:19 PM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
Seems like you will come out ok in the end...but what a can of worms...sorry.
Serenity prayer is appropriate here.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:25 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
If they tell you you gave them permission to test drive the car agree with them. Then politely tell them you did not give them permission to exceed the speed limit that resulted in the car losing half its value. Then carefully remove your shoe from their collective asses. That really really sucks. Best of luck with it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beware the collection miami