996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Beware the collection miami

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
I say if you get the car back before the lease it up, drive it through their shop wall and leave it there! Of course, your insurance will probably cancel you on the spot, but it would be fun!

Old 01-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Jason: You're such a silver tongued devil....is F*%TARD some sort of legal terminology indigenous to Arkansas? I need to pull my thesaurus out and see what synonyms come close, although I do have an inkling.

Hope to see you back on the race circuit soon. I think you were wise sending the car back to GMG.

Best regards,
Chuck

Old 01-13-2009, 03:35 PM
msgsobe is infamous around these parts
thanks all

Thanks guys, sorry I was away..

heres the latest, the collections insurance company is FIXING the car, the leasing company is taking it back and releasing me and I assume going after them for diminished value, I have asked the Collection for the difference in value between my option to purchase and the value of the car before the accident, plus the cost of my upgrades, and they have refused, not even a counter offer, or offer a new one at cost..Additionally, their insurance company contacted me for MY insurance info!!! In the meantime, I purchased an 08 GT3 RS (not from THEM!!)..And will be filing suit shortly! I will keep all apprised...

best I've learned from this is to put "no road tests without owner present..not to leave dealership" won't make that mistake again!

really good advice!!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
At least the collection's insurance co and leasing co are playing ball a little. Good luck on your impending suit.

Congrats on the GT3 RS though! Enjoy the hell out of that.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Dang......

That's all I can say.

msgsobe, please keep us posted. Thanks.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:56 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Not to be a troll but noone seems to touch upon this and I hope the OT doesn't run into any problems because of that. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Under a lease contract....are you allowed to modify the car? I understand that if he was to buy the car this wouldn't have been an issue, however in this case, isn't there a possibility of any reprecautions to the OT from the Lease Company?

Old 01-13-2009, 07:10 PM
SLA
SLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud ofSLA has much to be proud of
Florida has a very strong workman's comp law; the dealer and/or employee should not be looking to anyone else's insurance with respect to his injuries.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:58 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adam699
Not to be a troll but noone seems to touch upon this and I hope the OT doesn't run into any problems because of that. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Under a lease contract....are you allowed to modify the car? I understand that if he was to buy the car this wouldn't have been an issue, however in this case, isn't there a possibility of any reprecautions to the OT from the Lease Company?
Ones that I've seen require you to return them to original condition or, at the lease end inspection, convince them that the mods are OK or of more value. (ie a Lease company might be fine with a car sitting on $6500 worth of new wheels and tires)

I suspect in this case the mods will be overlooked or dealt with in the overall settlement.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Banned
Porschekalle is a splendid one to beholdPorschekalle is a splendid one to beholdPorschekalle is a splendid one to beholdPorschekalle is a splendid one to beholdPorschekalle is a splendid one to beholdPorschekalle is a splendid one to beholdPorschekalle is a splendid one to behold
one less of that rare breed, only 1400 were produced

Old 01-14-2009, 12:24 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Unbelievable. Msgsobe, please keep us posted on the transgressions here. Congrats on the GT3RS, hopefully that numbs some of the pain for a bit.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:27 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porschekalle
one less of that rare breed, only 1400 were produced
actually.. subtract 1000 from your number and youll have the number of 996 gt2s produced....

what a huge loss., Good luck with your suit!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:39 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
i just wanted to add that I dealt with them today and I can confirm with 100% certainty that they are totally not knowledgeable, unhelpful, and have very unpleasant attitudes. I have the names of the people I spoke with regarding my issue and will never purchase from or deal them in the future. Two thumbs WAY DOWN. I hope the OP nails them hard.