996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Beware the collection miami

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:07 PM
msgsobe is infamous around these parts
Beware the collection miami

Look what happened to this GT2 I brought in for service to the Collection Miami:

Attached Images  
Old 01-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
are those pics the same car...not enough documentation and something like this is not to be settled on this forum...take it up with them off forum...thread closed. If you would care to pm me your documentation that shows that The Collection actually serviced this car I will see if it can be added to your post..

note to other members...this poster did not respond to my pm's or my request for documentation to show that he was actually harmed by The Collection...if he does I will let it be known here...

update: op has responded to my pm's and may have a legitimate complaint...more to come...

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-06-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: add comments
Old 01-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you are all becoming familiar with IB's policy in regards to disputes...they are to be taken off-line and settled there....However, there are exceptions, particularly when a member has been harmed by a vendor (sponsor or not). This particular vendor is not a board sponsor but has acted in what I would consider a non-professional way toward a 6 speed member...

member msgsobe (Mark) took his leased GT2 in for service prior to purchasing the car at bring-back. Mark had upgraded the car considerably and it only had 18K miles so he wanted to keep it.

here is the story in Mark's own words:

ok, here"s the whole story..

brought the 2002 gt2 in to the collection porsche miami for service. they are an authorized porsche dealer and service center..week of thanksgiving...On the following monday, my service advisor, gus chavez, told me" there's been a little accident" i went to the body shop and couldnt beleive what i saw...well, you saw the pics...the kid from the collection that drove me to the body shop said he saw the whole thing, that the mechanic was FLYING on a 30 mph city road and t boned a ford SUV..

next, i met with Paul Scott, field manger, who said, "dont worry, we'll fix her good as new!!!" yeah, right...

now, here's the rub, she was leased, but i had a buyout option for dec 1, 2 days later..it was my intent to buy it, as evidenced by the fact that I just had it serviced 2 days before lease end..I had a ton of upgrades in her and only 18k miles..

bottom line, they are fixing it and returning it to the leasing company, and I am out a car!! also, they are making a claim against MY insurance for the injuries!!!!

I am a long time customer and have purchased numerous cars from them, and they have made no offers or concessions whatsoever!!

Old 01-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Administrator
did they charge you for the service?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-09-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
HUH? wrecked by their employee and charged off to your insurance? doesn't sound kosher! Something appears to be missing here.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Administrator
read again Chuckster, they are trying to charge off some injuries to his insurance...not the repair of the car...I'm sure the attorneys for the injured parties involved are looking for deep pockets...

Old 01-09-2009, 08:39 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Damn, that sucks...hope everything get resolved the right way.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:44 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Unreal.

So what are you getting (Car wise) for your old car???

Old 01-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I see they're trying to charge off injuries....but when the car is under their possession for repaier....why would the car's owner be liable? Champion would seem to have the deper pocket....it's no fly by nite outfit.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Administrator
I'm with you CJ...they had a bailment being in possession of the car and they should have full responsibility for everything...hope that Mark chimes in here and gives more background...

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-10-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:48 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
Damn...that really sucks. Hope you get some type of compensation. I would imagine the mechanic got fired on the spot.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:55 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
I'm with you CJ...they had a bailment being in possession of the car and they should have full responsibility for everything...hope that Mark chimes in here and gives more background...
Actually my understanding is that when you allow them to operate your car, you actually put your own insurance on the line!

I usually write "not to be operated off dealership property" or "not to be used on public roads" when I sign a work order. If they have to, they can test drive it with me in the car. (Edit: By limiting my approval, they are on the hook if they use it outside my stated approval.. or at least that's why I do it.)

Sucks...

A

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-10-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 PM
dreamtripper is infamous around these parts
I think you're right on that. For example if I lent you my car and you had an accident, even if you wanted the damages to be covered by your policy, my understanding is that legally it could only be covered under mine.

Originally Posted by ard
Actually my understanding is that when you allow them to operate your car, you actually put your own insurance on the line!

A

Old 01-10-2009, 12:14 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by ard

A
The operative phrase is "when you allow" and it would be interesting if the work order specifies that they have your permission...best of all will be when Mark chimes in and he can say as to whether they had his consent or not..I know they told him they took it for a road test...but as to whether they had his consent I don't know...I can tell you sure, that the next time I have my car serviced I will read the fine print on the work order and use "A"'s clause

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-10-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:21 AM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
Sorry to hear that.
They should stand up to their reputation and work with you on this one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beware the collection miami