996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

1,000cc High Impedence Injectors Upgrade for the 996TT (E85?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
1,000cc High Impedence Injectors Upgrade for the 996TT (E85?)

There has been quite a bit of talk about injectors on this forum. With your basic K24/18G setup many will argue that with a 5 Bar FPR, injectors are not necessary, and there is quite a bit of truth to that for those sticking to low boost and pump fuels. However once people begin looking for an added edge, the fueling always ends up becoming the limit for those who decide they want to push the limits. RC 550cc injectors are being sold for these cars as a drop in option, truth be told these injectors are 14mm taller than the factory injectors leaving many people scrambling when they receive the product (without the spacers usually required to space the rail out). I've posted a picture of a stock style injector and the RC "Drop in units" you can see the height difference that often surprises people upon installation.

We realized that the 550cc injectors might not offer enough fuel for what we wanted to do with our car. We have been playing with a new set of high impedance 1000cc injectors in our big hp Supras (they’re a modified Bosch Motorsports piece commonly used in big HP applications). These injectors have a droplet size comparable to a 600cc Siemens injector with a great spray pattern and super quick response time. These are individually flow tested and are shown to be within 1% of each other allowing for great tunes. When you are running higher boost levels on the factory ECU, a consistent injector that can support the added fuel needed will be required to keep things safe. These injectors flow more than most will need, however the added safety they provide while still being able to operate at low loads make them a great solution. They will work just like a standard injector upgrade for those with minimal setups and work for those of us who want to race the car at its fullest. They drop right into the factory rails, however the connector is different than stock. See our ad in the vendor classifieds for a solution to take care of this.

Solutions such as this need to be developed and tested. We will be working with Tony at EPL to create a base tune-up for the K24/18G setup using these injectors and look forward to posting the results in the coming weeks. These should work no problem with the factory ecu and a 3.8bar FPR, and will work even better with the PNP Standalone options we hope to bring to the market in the coming months. We will need additional fuel to support these modifications, so we will be working on a secondary Bosch 044 fuel pump to ensure the injector is supplied with enough fuel. We’ve been silently working.

This upgrade won’t be for everyone, but if you see yourself wanting 750+ hp in the future, it will offer a great option. I will post results as we get some test data in the coming weeks, but figured this would make for some great discussion. These injectors may also offer great performance for those with E85 in their area, 600+ HP on pump fuel?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-09-2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: request to post in open forum
Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I'm really looking into this because I've spent a lot of money on race gas so far. I really could use a break to the $8 or $9 per gallon. I know I am going to need the biggest injector possible, but I am really thinking about doing it myself.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
It's a good solution for those with E85 regularly available in their area. We head out to the turnpike and fill up 5gal jugs around here. At under 1.80/gallon it definitely makes a lot of sense.

Here's our tuner Darin having a bit of fun on E85.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
That may just the trick I'll end up doing. I can't stand being on pump gas for too long! It gets very boring being slow. One of the local Supras here made 9xxrwhp I think on e85 or close to 900rwhp. I can't remember exactly, and maybe Justin will come in here with the actual numbers, but the car def. hauls ***. I think it went a 5.5 60-130 with complete traction issues.

Darin's car looks like it would be REALLY fun on the highway. Wish Matt's (Lil Powell) Vette had a more linear curve like the Supras because with n2o the car is just to damn violent. Even with the progressive set really wussy. LOL!

Old 01-09-2009, 05:26 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
That is Sebatian's car. Tommy took me for a ride in that beast and all I have to say is SCARY!!!!