996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Not feeling the power out of my 24/18g's. HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:21 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Todd,

Just to give you a break from the frustration there is only one solution ........ NAWZ!!!!

All jokes aside did you ever make the specific change we spoke about?

Old 01-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I think you should add a EBC and get with Tony @ EPL about a tune. His K24/18G setup has run 6.08's in the 60-130s and I think a 10.6 @ 135mph in the 1/4. The car does have intake pipes, an extra fuel pump and runs a high amount of boost. It still proves that the tune is solid even running that amount of boost. I will be having Tony write me a tune soon enough. Hopefully with the brake boosting feature it should allow me to run in the 5s with the option to brake boost in 3rd gear.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by powell
i think you should add a ebc and get with tony @ epl about a tune. His k24/18g setup has run 6.08's in the 60-130s and i think a 10.6 @ 135mph in the 1/4. The car does have intake pipes, an extra fuel pump and runs a high amount of boost. It still proves that the tune is solid even running that amount of boost. I will be having tony write me a tune soon enough. Hopefully with the brake boosting feature it should allow me to run in the 5s with the option to brake boost in 3rd gear.

+++111^^^^

Old 01-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Double check your boost as well. I found early on that my dash was showing me one thing, but loggin the boost showed it to be .1-.2 bar lower than the display showed. Having a EBC allows you to dial things in, of course a Air Fuel gauge is highly recommended to make sure things stay safe.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:48 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
Do you have a fuel pump? What do your AFRs look like? 1.3 BAR, I'm assuming you are using race gas?
I do not have an extra fuel pump. The afr's are good according to Scott at Softronic. I have not run race gas yet but I'm assuming no better times with race gas since I'm on high boost anyway at 1.3.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:54 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
Double check your boost as well. I found early on that my dash was showing me one thing, but loggin the boost showed it to be .1-.2 bar lower than the display showed. Having a EBC allows you to dial things in, of course a Air Fuel gauge is highly recommended to make sure things stay safe.
Is this a parameter I can check within the Durametric software as I datalog?

Old 01-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
Todd,

Just to give you a break from the frustration there is only one solution ........ NAWZ!!!!

All jokes aside did you ever make the specific change we spoke about?
Funny, yes I made the change back to the stock FPR (3.8).

Old 01-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Powell
I think you should add a EBC and get with Tony @ EPL about a tune. His K24/18G setup has run 6.08's in the 60-130s and I think a 10.6 @ 135mph in the 1/4. The car does have intake pipes, an extra fuel pump and runs a high amount of boost. It still proves that the tune is solid even running that amount of boost. I will be having Tony write me a tune soon enough. Hopefully with the brake boosting feature it should allow me to run in the 5s with the option to brake boost in 3rd gear.
Man, everybody seems to like these EBC's. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to run the safest and best I can. I tried to brake boost the other day. The car just shuts down....

Old 01-12-2009, 01:59 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Maybe if you get it washed at my place it would feel faster.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
As per our discussion , Todd if you get a proper hands on dyno tune and an EBC with the abilty to run some race gas your car should be down to close to the mid sevens. That is certainly a fast car by most standards.
I'm definitely going to do this...

Old 01-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Maybe if you get it washed at my place it would feel faster.
maybe with a proper wax I could shave a few 10ths off.. Can I use GT2 wax on my turbo?

Old 01-12-2009, 02:11 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I am postive you have to present a GT2 vin # to get the wax..

Old 01-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Man, everybody seems to like these EBC's. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to run the safest and best I can. I tried to brake boost the other day. The car just shuts down....
You can't brake boost a 996tt without having a custom tune that allows for it ( Tony @ EPL removed this on our most recent tune and I believe he includes it in all tunes at no cost if requested).

In your case you're looking for the most out of your car, I'd definitely suggest a EBC properly setup so you can run safely on pump gas and also race gas.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Todd,

There is at least .6 seconds difference, or 3 car lengths difference between a 6 speed and a tip. I know this from running against both in real world conditions. I was shocked at the difference. Although I think that your car should be faster than it is a tip needs about 80-90 more ponies to run even w/ a manual.
Wow.. that sucks...80-90 more hp?

Old 01-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Todd
How fast are you trying to make your car w/ 24/18's? Have you got any responses from other tip owners w/ the same set-up?
I know you already payed for softronic,but why did you not use Todd?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Not feeling the power out of my 24/18g's. HELP!