996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Not feeling the power out of my 24/18g's. HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
I can see my car ending up with a fuel system very quickly ......
Hold that thought

Finally got some free time in the shop to test a few things out, if they work our K24/18G setup should have PLENTY of fuel, likely more than the Turbos can handle at a very affordable price.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Todd,

I believe the 24/18 Proto tip I ran also was a rwd conversion. It did have an EBC however. Both paulie and I walked it pretty hard and that was w/ my old GT28's. As I said, and I believe that Scott is probably also emphasizing this point, tips are really less than desirable if what you really want is a roll on king.
OK fly boy! I just spoke you the man you "allegedly" walked on. He states that he felt slower on his race setting that day. Claims he wasn't familiar with the EBC yet. He also claims a 6.8 60/130. Here are the mods on his TIP:
Protomotive 650 ECU Calibration
EVOMS Billet 90 Degree Diverter Valves
K24/18 Turbos
Protomotive Custom Wastegates
Ported & Ceramic Coated Headers
EVOMS V-Flow Air Induction System
Fabspeed Exhaust
Protomotive 5 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator
EVOMS Silicone Boost Hose Kit
Greedy PRofec B-Spec II Boost Controller

Old 01-13-2009, 01:00 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Walk is not even close to the run. Sean ran away from him,I was behind watching,I was almost tempted to run him with the caddy.
I think his foot slipped off the go pedal and hit the brake.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:07 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
With the list provided and have 6.8 60-130 on a tip... need to see it to believe it.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:57 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Walk is not even close to the run. Sean ran away from him,I was behind watching,I was almost tempted to run him with the caddy.
I think his foot slipped off the go pedal and hit the brake.
The caddy.

Originally Posted by MY996TT
With the list provided and have 6.8 60-130 on a tip... need to see it to believe it.
I agree. I think Peter Blach has the files.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:03 PM
I found this. Anthony Waller ran a 6.8X. Wow guys, that is a TIP car. I think I should be MUCH better than 8.17.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...til-tx2k8.html

Old 01-13-2009, 02:05 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Especially with injectors. Call Tony @ EPL and drop that Softtronic $#!+

Be sure and get a brake boost feature, what ever you do.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:07 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
. .

Last edited by TXGold; 01-13-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:15 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
^^ Agreed - Get the EBC and a new tune!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
An EBC does nothing but allow you to adjust the boost. If he is running 1.3 bar, he is running 1.3bar. Ideally on pump gas you should not run more. Yes he can change the gain on the Greddy, to how the boost comes on, but I doubt that will this entire post solved. An EBC will give him the opportunity to have a high and low boost and a warning feature if the car overboosted. Putting an EBC on stock internal wastegates is not necessary unless the stock boost solenoid is not holding boost consistant.

TXGold - That statement is harsh. Come on bro, lets place nice here. Do you know that Protomotive and Softronic work together on tuning sometimes? Do you know that companies such as FVD, Proto, and others use Softronics interface to load and share files? When EPL was tuning on Audi, he consulted Scott at Softronic many many times for help. Lets all know that everyone works together. When tuning my 996TT as we developed the 650 kit with Garrett turbos, I received maps from Todd and Scott as they were trying to get it dialed.

If everyone is so pro EPL and pro Protomotive, simple, Todd can connect to an exact same setup K24/18G car as his and use the Durametric cable and data log it. Compare the datalogs from both cars and you can see if the numbers coincide. Check to see where it is running rich or lean and what part of the power is up or down. PS - the map in Todds car is the same map those running Protomotive flashes from Proto or Titan get. Its the same map sent around!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
I found this. Anthony Waller ran a 6.8X. Wow guys, that is a TIP car. I think I should be MUCH better than 8.17.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...til-tx2k8.html
Dude!!

Take a look to that QUICK tip 996tt K24/18g's!! check last page!!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...k24-18g-3.html

I would send the ECU to Todd K!!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Was there a file to Support Anthony's 6.8X run? I think the X indicates that the time was a quesstimate. I could be wrong but lets see some verifiable data.

Dan, did you see the thread about the 5.8 I just ran? Please note that you got some props

Old 01-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Was there a file to Support Anthony's 6.8X run? I think the X indicates that the time was a quesstimate. I could be wrong but lets see some verifiable data.

Dan, did you see the thread about the 5.8 I just ran? Please note that you got some props
I asked Peter for it..

Old 01-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Dude!!

Take a look to that QUICK tip 996tt K24/18g's!! check last page!!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...k24-18g-3.html

I would send the ECU to Todd K!!
So 100-200KPH is 62 to 124.xx. 6.0 sec. I guess I could change my PBox to KPH and do a 100-200 run to get a feel for how fast that tip is..

Old 01-13-2009, 02:59 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
So 100-200KPH is 62 to 124.xx. 6.0 sec. I guess I could change my PBox to KPH and do a 100-200 run to get a feel for how fast that tip is..
You can add roughly 1 sec to 100-200KPH to get 60-130MPH.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Not feeling the power out of my 24/18g's. HELP!