996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Houston Crew: Lets go to the Track!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:25 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boss351
I'd definatly like some lessons there also, particularly the tight left-hander at the opposite end of the track from the banked turn. The best I could come up with was to brake heavily, turn then out, no matter what angle I took it under gas I was scrubbing off more speed sideways than when braking.

Adam I was flat from the exit of turn one until the entry to that turn. If you are flat the kart will obviously be wanting to be over on the left side of the track coming off the right hand sweeper. I would say you want to be about two kart widths off the curbing at entry. If you have the Kart pointed into the turn the right way you should be able to roll the kart into the turn smoothly and be back on the gas the second you start rolling into the turn. That way you won't bog down and you'll get the most out of the straight away. Honestly, I only nailed that turn once or twice. It is tricky and I was actually talking to Steve about it after running yesterday.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
LOL...I was getting dressed and noticed that my hip was black and blue..awesome!

Ben, I sent the pic to you to go w/ your breakfast

Old 02-02-2009, 07:57 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Sean your email address has been added to my spam list.

Thanks for the heads up.

A pic of the track for those who are curious about the layout.

Last edited by bmoores; 02-02-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Didn't email it Ben my boy, sent directly to your phone.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:23 AM
For that I have no defense.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:14 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Ben i had to listen to him all the way to the track & back,next time Seans riding with you.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 AM
And what did I have to bear...The montony of Money Talk Radio....the only breaks from the montony were the Walnuts' gasseous emisions (from both ends...yeeech).

To make it worse, Paulie would say "check this out" and then mash the peddle on his Grandpa mobile and then pet the dashboard.

It was truly disturbing and I almost had to suicide myself. I was begging for the mercy of a head on collision.

BTW, I sent you a pic too, Walnut.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Ben i had to listen to him all the way to the track & back,next time Seans riding with you.
Was he complaining everytime you broke the speed limit??? I got a kick out of the grumpier old men comment to.. About fell out of my chair here at the office.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:44 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I guess we need to bring a big bottle of Midol for a select few people at the next running!
Enjoyed it. My forearms are a little soar. I guess I need some more "exercise". Just though I would "beat" you to the punch.
Next time I think we get to pick Ben's Kart.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by function12
Next time I think we get to pick Ben's Kart.

Now now. You can pick any Kart you like. I did drive two different karts and was .2 different in each kart.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
Now now. You can pick any Kart you like. I did drive two different karts and was .2 different in each kart.
Ben didn't mention the fact that he had a little n2o bottle on him for the straights.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:54 AM
I told you that in confidence Chris!

Old 02-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Meh, I am used to having bumps and bruises...its my clans' way of showing love.

The grossest part of the whole day was when Paulie was licking his phone, that was truly disgusting

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
The grossest part of the whole day was when Paulie was licking his phone, that was truly disgusting
Hah, that was pretty funny I am ocd about the screen on my phone but I prefer the breathe and wipe method.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:13 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I was having a problem trying to figure out why my car still had a bad oder to it even after Sean got out,I then discovered he left his faux leather jacket in the back seat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Houston Crew: Lets go to the Track!