996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Houston Crew: Lets go to the Track!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
LMFAO Ben! I found a picture of ol Cole Trickle which was Paulie's given name at birth.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:18 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Edwin
I have a slightly used helmet for sale.Latest style(ask Ben).
Dude, when you whipped that thing out of your trunk and Ben says, "you're not wearing that"! I lost it. Edwin, that enormous helmet is from WWII. Turn it over and you could float a family of four in it.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:20 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Dude, when you whipped that thing out of your trunk and Ben says, "you're not wearing that"! I lost it. Edwin, that enormous helmet is from WWII. Turn it over and you could float a family of four in it.
I seriously felt like a parent scolding their child. It was like I paniced or something. I don't think Paulie had even closed his trunk before I was all over it.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:22 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
I seriously felt like a parent scolding their child. It was like I paniced or something. I don't think Paulie had even closed his trunk before I was all over it.
LMAO. That's exactly right. It maybe saw 2 seconds of daylight before being thrown back into the trunk. Just classic.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:23 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Todd is this the way you treat people after they give you some rep points?

Old 02-03-2009, 01:25 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I feel real bad now you guys making fun of my helmet,funny thing is Jitsu has the same helmet but bigger.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:25 PM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
LMAO. That's exactly right. It maybe saw 2 seconds of daylight before being thrown back into the trunk. Just classic.

Anyone got pics of said helmet? It has peaked my curiosity

Edwin

Old 02-03-2009, 01:26 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
I feel real bad now you guys making fun of my helmet,funny thing is Jitsu has the same helmet but bigger.
Hell, if both you of you had brought them I might have let it ride just for the photo op.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Thats some funny sh#@# right there.Powell good one.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Hell, if both you of you had brought them I might have let it ride just for the photo op.
It would have been just outrageous if the helmet was Speed Yellow.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:33 PM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
The big track is where things start getting expensive Ed. Looking at about $250 for the day plus the regular wear and tear on your car. Not always worth it in my experience. Do I still do it ...... Yes. But, I do it only when everything is fresh (tires, brakes, etc.). Anthing else and you just beat on the car far too much.
Don't miss out on trying the car at the track at least once. PCA and TheDriversEdge do 2 days for about $265-$295 depending on membership and level etc. 8 times on the track with instructors. You can have a blast without killing your car, getting the tyre pressures right on your road tyres and flushing your brake fluid will be all you need (plus the aforementioned helmet) to do your first event.

Ben, do you or Steve ever instruct at PCA or TDE events?

Old 02-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't Adam, I know Steve has possibly lent a hand a few times. Steve tends to focus on one on one stuff. I don't do any anymore as mine was limited to when I was working out at the track working with beginners.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:27 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M32
Anyone got pics of said helmet? It has peaked my curiosity

Edwin
I think it looked like this but I only got a quick look.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Todd is this the way you treat people after they give you some rep points?
Yes. That's how I roll.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Next event has been posted in the Southwest forum.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Houston Crew: Lets go to the Track!