996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT3 Recaro Seats vs. Turbo Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:06 AM
SleeperX is infamous around these parts
GT3 Recaro Seats vs. Turbo Seats

I am thinking of switching the seats in my Turbo to GT3 Recaro seats. Are the GT3 seats as comfortable as the Turbo seats?

Old 01-19-2009, 08:39 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
The GT3 seats are very comfortable although I'm just saying this based on the lady who has been riding in the car

They are comfy...but if you are asking if they are just as comfortable as stock seats, I'd say they are a bit less comfortable. Mainly just because they do hold you more so there is some enclosure versus just the open space for your body. Very minimal imo...never thought about switching to stock seats.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
They are not as comfortable for me (5'11" 175) as the original seats were, especially over a long distance. I drove 4 hrs. on a couple of occasions and stopped half way to stretch and walk around. In other vehicles, I can go 4 hrs. with no problem. The pitch angle on the seats was also too upright for me and was really bad with my helmet on. I bought some mounting brackets from Brey Krause that allowed me to tip the seat backwards and now everything is fine.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:24 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
What is your ht/weight?

GT3 seats can be driven about 2-2.5 hours before butt goes numb.
They change the entire feel of the car but not without concessions.
Ingress/egressive is difficult, especially if you do not want to wear out the
leather quickly on the side of the seat. Not a daily driver seat, period.

MK

Last edited by WOODTSTER; 01-19-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-19-2009, 02:43 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
I had the same issue with the GT-3 seats being too upright, and fixed it by shimming under the front bolts. I'm on the small side - 5'8" 165 lbs - so they are ok for me otherwise. Larger people in passenger seat mention that it presses on their traps. Some of them who have ridden with me on track also complain of nausea, but I think that might not be from the seat...

Jon

Old 01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
SleeperX is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the feedback. I think I might stay with the stock seats unless I can find some OEM sport seats.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
BlueTT has a spectacular aura aboutBlueTT has a spectacular aura aboutBlueTT has a spectacular aura about
I'd like to suggest getting some 997 sports seats. I just bought a pair and I think they are much better than the 996 sport seats. They provide more lateral support and feel like they have a broader base.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:18 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Glad to read this! I was about to buy a pair of GT3 seats for my DD...

Old 01-19-2009, 07:31 PM
STDFAST is infamous around these parts
Does anyone have pictures of these seats. I'm looking to upgrade as well, yet comfort is definitely important. I'd like to get seats that also work well on the track. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:38 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by STDFAST
Does anyone have pictures of these seats. I'm looking to upgrade as well, yet comfort is definitely important. I'd like to get seats that also work well on the track. Thanks in advance.
Here are the GT-3 seats installed...

Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2009, 08:46 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Originally Posted by BlueTT
I'd like to suggest getting some 997 sports seats.
Pics?

Old 01-19-2009, 09:20 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I went around and around on this. In the end, the dd car use of the stock seats won. Electricity and heat helped a lot.

I need to get to the back seat a lot and my kids use two boosters in the back....some day in the future this will go to being a "trackish" car. Not now.

There is a stock seat foam mod out there....search.

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 01-19-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:23 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
+1 on the 997 sport seats. I just had them installed in my GT2 and way more comfortable than 996 sport and more support.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:25 PM
magoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant futuremagoochi has a brilliant future
How much for 997 sport seats?

Old 01-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by magoochi
How much for 997 sport seats?
You will find them once in a while in classified section. People take them off from 997GT3 upgrade to cup seats. Used 997 sport seats usually go for around $2K a pair.

Last edited by Ray; 01-21-2009 at 06:12 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Recaro Seats vs. Turbo Seats