996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

488rwhp and 526tq K24/18G 996TT Tiptronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:57 AM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
Todd I have not ran the 60/130 or had it on the dyno yet. I will find a dyno this spring and she what she has. The car is a blast to drive I just wish the person/company that was working on the 1st gear launch would come up with a solution. Later, John

Old 01-23-2009, 06:00 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JWC
Todd I have not ran the 60/130 or had it on the dyno yet. I will find a dyno this spring and she what she has. The car is a blast to drive I just wish the person/company that was working on the 1st gear launch would come up with a solution. Later, John

you mean like a 2 step?

Old 01-23-2009, 06:18 AM
JWC
No the car at least mine when you floor it to take off it just takes of slow (tip in 1st). If I put about half gas to it, it will take off like a rocket but it's a fine line. To much and it won't give you full throttle power. I do keep the PSC off when launching. Someone was working on a solution for this I just can't remember who.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
um, not sure as the only RWD conversion we have done, the car had no light issues.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:09 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
my tip is the same way.. it seems to be quicker from a dead stop at partial full throttle then at full throttle......... strange

Old 01-23-2009, 04:29 PM
JWC
Yeah boca996tt I read awhile back the the ECU holds off full power take offs in 1st gear with the tips. There is a procedure to get around it but I am not sure you could pull it off at the drag strip. I did however leave some very long dark stripes in my driveway just seeing if I could do the procedure.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:40 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
yes, as I recall there was a whole thread on this. I think there is a switch on the throttle (not TPS) and people were trying to remove it or something, I'll try to search for it...

Old 01-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Not too bad...almost an hour. I didn't read the whole thing but I think this is it...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rformance.html

Old 01-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
any updates?

Old 01-27-2009, 08:56 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
We had to cancel our dyno appt. today. I will update when we reschedule.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:34 AM
edelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond repute
can u build boost off foot brake

Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by edelectra
can u build boost off foot brake
The factory ECU will shut the throttle down if you attempt to brake boost the car and build boost (something very common for those experienced with street racing a turbo car).

This can be removed, but as far as I know a limited number of tuners offer this to their customers (Tony @ EPL being one of them).

Old 01-27-2009, 11:07 AM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JWC
I have been away guys so help me out. You can run a tip in rwd? Thanks
You beat me to the question. The last I was told on here was that running RWD would set off all sorts of ecu issues. Then again, it was all hearsay. Good to see that question has been answered!

BlackHorseTurbo and Geo_first, how do you like the RWD conversion? Any regrets? Full conversion with front diff removal? Added LSD in the rear or stock open diff? If stock rear diff, any traction issues?

Thanks much!
John H

Last edited by John H.; 01-27-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:16 AM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ttboost
Not too bad...almost an hour. I didn't read the whole thing but I think this is it...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rformance.html
I remember that thread. Was there any resolution to this issue - particularly in 996TTs? The thread sort of leaves one hanging with no answers. Does everyone with a TIP just roll into the throttle from a stop for best performance? If so, that seems like uptapped potential waiting to be uncorked especially at an 1/8 or 1/4 track. If ELP can override the brake boost issue, I don't see why this can't be fixed too. ?

Thanks,
John H

Old 01-27-2009, 01:13 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John H.
You beat me to the question. The last I was told on here was that running RWD would set off all sorts of ecu issues. Then again, it was all heresay. Good to see that question has been answered!

BlackHorseTurbo and Geo_first, how do you like the RWD conversion? Any regrets? Full conversion with front diff removal? Added LSD in the rear or stock open diff? If stock rear diff, any traction issues?

Thanks much!
John H
I have no CEL's. And I love the RWD conversion although mine is not fully converted. I do not have LSD.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 488rwhp and 526tq K24/18G 996TT Tiptronic