996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

488rwhp and 526tq K24/18G 996TT Tiptronic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
488rwhp and 526tq K24/18G 996TT Tiptronic

Thought I would share this tiptronic 996TT dyno run from a customer of ours. The car is a running RWD. It has the K24/18G Kit from us and the car is running on 93 octane pump gas.

Mod list is -
  • K24/18G Turbos
  • 5bar FPR
  • Softronic ECU Flash
  • Agency Power Silicone Boost Hose and FHose
  • Denso IK22 Spark Plugs
  • Agency Power GT Headers
  • Europipe Exhaust System

Old 01-19-2009, 11:26 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Couple of questions...

1. What max boost are you using for pump?

2. Has the car had a RWD conversion or just set up for the dyno?

Thanks!

Old 01-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
1.3bar is what the Softronic program sets the boost to. The car is permanently converted to RWD.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:39 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
1.3bar is what the Softronic program sets the boost to. The car is permanently converted to RWD.
Hey, thats alot of boost!!

If the customer had put in larger injectors rather than the 5 bar, would you see more power on the dyno?

Old 01-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor
1.3bar is the norm for these turbos on this engine. The best setup is to run just the 5bar. He could have kept the 3.8fpr and then run the 60lb injectors like BlackHorseTurbo, but this setup is just as efficient. The injector upgrade is good if you plan on increasing boost with a build motor.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:38 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Huh....What? Did I hear my name? 488 rwhp huh. I hope I'm making more than that. Scott is working on the new file right now. Hope to dyno later this week.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Former Vendor
500whp is expected out of these K24/18G's.... You can sneak about 525 on race gas.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Dan,
How does this kit compare to EVOMS GT610?

Mike

Old 01-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Former Vendor
looks like you have the kit, you tell us

Old 01-19-2009, 02:03 PM
looks like you have the kit, you tell us
Well, I dont have both kits!! You wouldnt have a GT610 dyno laying around... I really am just curious...

Old 01-19-2009, 02:06 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBailey
Dan,
How does this kit compare to EVOMS GT610?

Mike
Hey Mike. Have you dynoed recently?

Old 01-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Hey Mike. Have you dynoed recently?
No, never have.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Thought I would share this tiptronic 996TT dyno run from a customer of ours. The car is a running RWD. It has the K24/18G Kit from us and the car is running on 93 octane pump gas.

Mod list is -
  • K24/18G Turbos
  • 5bar FPR
  • Softronic ECU Flash
  • Agency Power Silicone Boost Hose and FHose
  • Denso IK22 Spark Plugs
  • Agency Power GT Headers
  • Europipe Exhaust System

Is

Is that on ur mustang dyno?

Old 01-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Former Vendor
not my dyno sorry. some place in GA where the customer is from.

I dont have a 610 kit. Dont sell that product, sorry. I did dyno an "alledged" 610 kit. The car had the EVO intake, wastegate upgrade, exhaust, and Hitachi MAF. Not sure if it was the official 610 kit but that is what the customer said. Here is that dyno sheet. This car was a 2003 TipTronic but this is dynoed in AWD.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the 610 dyno Dan! Looks like your kit does significantly better on the tip car.

BTW Dan that is the GT610 kit. I have a couple of extra goodies on mine.

Last edited by MBailey; 01-19-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Additional info

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 488rwhp and 526tq K24/18G 996TT Tiptronic