996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best ECU Flash for Stock K16

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2009 | 07:56 PM
smooth_operator is infamous around these parts
Flashed my 07 Boxster S and 05 Turbo S with FVD software. Both cars were more driveable. The biggest gain was in torque on the turbo. The flash will run about $2k, biggest gain for the buck! FVD overwrites your existing DME file. They can tune it right to your specifications. Let them know what exhaust, intake, diverter valves, waste gate and they will dial it in. Spend some time on the phone with the various software companies, find out who in your area deals with what company. Make sure they support their products.

Old 01-23-2009 | 07:59 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello All,

Softronic flashes are not generic or standard. There seems to be a big misconception on what people think a custom tune is. As an example every Softronic flash is made for the specific car. These include items such as exhaust, Turbos, octane, intake etc. We are also the only company that can offer the Durametric software and flash anywhere in the world at any time. The Durametric can log any data required and the same cable will then flash the car. We are partners with Durametric in development of this equipment. This allows a custom tune on every car in any location worldwide. Softronic does not have to travel to any location to perform this.

Protomotive along with other tuners use our system while they make their own flashes.

A K16 flash is not going to be changed dramatically from a car in California with the same equipment as one from the East coast. The difference will be one is for 91 octane and the other 93. Most tuning can incorporate all the features such as Air Pump, Post o2 function and other items in the same flash. Sure we could have some with the features and others without however we only make the best file for the car.

Softronic is also the only company that can read and adjust Over revs, Security data and other counters from the same cable.

We also send each customer their original file for the car and the tuned file via email so that you can always have it on hand. The flash time between these changes is only 4 minutes. Our original file is correct bit for bit in every way as the car was when it was made and will pass any binary or coding check from Porsche or Racing.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson
Scott-

We can adjust the same things as well... along with the flash counter, and the adaption channels, and ..... .

For the record, many tuners can. Revo, apr, giac, uni etc....

-Tony

Old 01-23-2009 | 08:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Scott-

We can adjust the same things as well... along with the flash counter, and the adaption channels, and ..... .

For the record, many tuners can. Revo, apr, giac, uni etc....

-Tony
I'm sorry while you say they can none of them do or can via a flash cable.The over revs etc are located in a different part of the DME and not part of the 29F800 memory.

Best,
Scott

Last edited by Softronic; 01-23-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-23-2009 | 08:14 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
I'm sorry while you say they can none of them do or can via a flash cable.The over revs etc are located in a different part of the DME and not part of the 29F800 memory.

Best,
Scott
Scott-

You arent the only one that can change things outside the 29f800 memory.... We have been accessing the rom code and adaption channels of the me7 ecu via flash since 2003. GIAC, APR and REVO beat us to that in 2001. You arent doing anything other tuners havent been doing for years.

Thanks,
Tony

Old 01-23-2009 | 08:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Scott-

You arent the only one that can change things outside the 29f800 memory.... We have been accessing the rom code and adaption channels of the me7 ecu via flash since 2003. GIAC, APR and REVO beat us to that in 2001. You arent doing anything other tuners havent been doing for years.

Thanks,
Tony
OK Perhaps you can send one of our readers a cable and flash the car along with this info that has been available for years?

Best,
Scott

Old 01-23-2009 | 08:34 PM
smooth_operator is infamous around these parts
Break and go to a neutral corner.

Old 01-23-2009 | 08:34 PM
Former Vendor
OK Perhaps you can send one of our readers a cable and flash the car along with this info that has been available for years?

Best,
Scott
Hahha...ok. No.

Lets do it one better, what address in the dme (outside of the 800bb) is the the stage 2 over rev counter located at?

Scott-

Why is it so hard to believe that other people can do what you can do? Lets face it, there are a lot of smart people in the world.

Enjoy your evening!

-Tony

Old 01-23-2009 | 08:35 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by smooth_operator
Break and go to a neutral corner.

Fair enough. Im done .

Enjoy!

Old 01-23-2009 | 08:42 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Based on experience and lots of modds, Protomotive. No fense to others.

Old 01-23-2009 | 08:49 PM
|
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Ah I smell innovation brewing! Great to see the vendors active in the forum and passionate about what they do! Hey, that's why we are Porsche owners - passion!

I am learning a lot and great to see so many great tuners! Sounds like 99% of them are good at what they do! Just comes down to what your local tech prefers and price it looks like.

Now guys, how can you get my nav screen to display temp in F instead of C and the time in American and not military? Any flash memory updates for that? :-)

Old 01-23-2009 | 08:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
I never said there are not smart people out there and I'm glad that you think of me this way.

I believe it was started from your post #47 in which it was quoted "Softronic is also the only company that can read and adjust Over revs, Security data and other counters from the same cable."

I simply asked that this be shown in post 50.

I guess I'm done also

Best,
Scott

Old 01-23-2009 | 08:54 PM
wowgogs is infamous around these parts
I have softronic on my car and it made a huge difference!! And Scott is an awesome guy. Answered all my questions and goes the extra mile.

Old 01-23-2009 | 09:51 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Just for fun I did a search, because everyone loves a good tuner war (that was sarcastic)....it SEEMS in the 996/GT2 forum, Softronic only posts to seemingly defend themselves, not to help anyone with any issues. I found about 10 threads in which Softonic posted. From what I've seen, most tuners here have a lot to offer as far as advice and help in troubleshooting 996TT issues. From what I've found, Softronic seems to only post trying to push their Software (when it looks like there is someone else in their territory) or defend an issue with their software against another tuner. Now, while I'm sure that the Softronic tune is just fine, as it's been around for years and a million people sell it, it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Some people just want to leave this tuning stuff to the pros and not do it themselves. How many customers have had trouble with their uploads and downloads, lost or corrupted files and broken or misplaced cables? We'll never know. Some of us don't want to deal with that.
Tony always posts when he has something to contribute and not just to push his services and products. Thats the reason I chose EPL in the first place. I couldn't find any negative feedback here on the forum, unlike many other vendors. It was a bonus he is in CT. Now I'm not saying that Softonic doesn't have good service, there are people here that will attest to that, I'm just saying they're not the only one that provides a great service at a great price.

Old 01-23-2009 | 10:41 PM
markporsche is infamous around these parts
Giac

Old 01-24-2009 | 12:20 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Ultimate Motor Werks werks for me7.

Check my signature for details.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best ECU Flash for Stock K16