996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best ECU Flash for Stock K16

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2009 | 01:16 AM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ttboost
Just for fun I did a search, because everyone loves a good tuner war (that was sarcastic)....it SEEMS in the 996/GT2 forum, Softronic only posts to seemingly defend themselves, not to help anyone with any issues. I found about 10 threads in which Softonic posted. From what I've seen, most tuners here have a lot to offer as far as advice and help in troubleshooting 996TT issues. From what I've found, Softronic seems to only post trying to push their Software (when it looks like there is someone else in their territory) or defend an issue with their software against another tuner. Now, while I'm sure that the Softronic tune is just fine, as it's been around for years and a million people sell it, it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Some people just want to leave this tuning stuff to the pros and not do it themselves. How many customers have had trouble with their uploads and downloads, lost or corrupted files and broken or misplaced cables? We'll never know. Some of us don't want to deal with that.
Tony always posts when he has something to contribute and not just to push his services and products. Thats the reason I chose EPL in the first place. I couldn't find any negative feedback here on the forum, unlike many other vendors. It was a bonus he is in CT. Now I'm not saying that Softonic doesn't have good service, there are people here that will attest to that, I'm just saying they're not the only one that provides a great service at a great price.
+1 ...Excellent observation.

Old 01-24-2009 | 03:19 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Just for fun I did a search, because everyone loves a good tuner war (that was sarcastic)....it SEEMS in the 996/GT2 forum, Softronic only posts to seemingly defend themselves, not to help anyone with any issues. I found about 10 threads in which Softonic posted. From what I've seen, most tuners here have a lot to offer as far as advice and help in troubleshooting 996TT issues. From what I've found, Softronic seems to only post trying to push their Software (when it looks like there is someone else in their territory) or defend an issue with their software against another tuner. Now, while I'm sure that the Softronic tune is just fine, as it's been around for years and a million people sell it, it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Some people just want to leave this tuning stuff to the pros and not do it themselves. How many customers have had trouble with their uploads and downloads, lost or corrupted files and broken or misplaced cables? We'll never know. Some of us don't want to deal with that.
Tony always posts when he has something to contribute and not just to push his services and products. Thats the reason I chose EPL in the first place. I couldn't find any negative feedback here on the forum, unlike many other vendors. It was a bonus he is in CT. Now I'm not saying that Softonic doesn't have good service, there are people here that will attest to that, I'm just saying they're not the only one that provides a great service at a great price.
Great post. I was thinking the same thing.

And I do like seeing this back and forth from tuners - it's good, clean fun and educational.

Old 01-24-2009 | 07:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !

Hello,

Well not entirely correct. Yes I often only have the time to post under Softronic for business reasons. I spend allot of my time as a PCA Technical expert offering help to all Porsche members. I have been doing this for many years. I get many emails a day helping people and not inadvertently trying to sell them software in the process.

I have helped in many magazines as an expert and other writers for those magazines and none mention Softronic for sales or credit.

I'm also the editor for the Challenge magazine in which is also volunteer and a PCA Scrute.

You may want to check other sites such as the CaymanClub.net, etc under PCA-Tech or Softronic.

All of this is for free as a volunteer to help Porsche members and enthusiasts. Just checking Softronic under a small section does not offer a full and acurate picture of myself.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 01-29-2009 | 08:12 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I think the flashes are now price driven. Having to remove your ecu and mail it in is not convenient and fine tuning is not possible remotely. Bottomline is if you could buy a better more modular tune that you could flash anywhere for $899 you would... Price does not equal perfection, but to play ball, hard ball, Softronic and I will discuss the current k16 flash pricing with OBD2 flash cable.

This is the samething other former sponsors charging $2500/flash incurred when we brought Softronic to the masses on 6speed. Now we are on the other side and that is why people think Scott is being defensive. Search posts back from 2007 and you will see

Last edited by vividracing; 01-29-2009 at 08:15 PM.