996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My "new" GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 03:06 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Now that is a very Hot car!!

Looks familair too

Oh ya thats right .. It was here Hahaha

Love the pictures very nicely done!!

Very True! I took my GT2 straight to GMG for a pre-purchase inspection, and it never made it back to the seller! You guys did a great job setting the car up and installing that AWESOME exhaust.

Thanks!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Really nice. You'll probably get plenty of suggestions. What would help us all would be for you to describe how you intend to use the car. All street? Mostly street a little road course driving? Mostly road course and a little street driving? Drag strip?

Old 01-23-2009, 03:13 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Al Norton
Really nice. You'll probably get plenty of suggestions. What would help us all would be for you to describe how you intend to use the car. All street? Mostly street a little road course driving? Mostly road course and a little street driving? Drag strip?
Good idea, sorry.

This car will be all street with maybe some PCA instruction when the track is empty enough

Old 01-23-2009, 03:13 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
What do you think about the exhaust?

Old 01-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Dodo is infamous around these parts
Fantastic looking car. Practically new. IMHO, don't mess with it too much until you get to know it and then decide on what you want. If those are original PS1s, you may want to switch to PS2 rubber though.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:14 PM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
Beautiful. Welcome to the 6.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Spend your first dollars on HPDE events. That car has some handling issues you should learn to deal with early on. There's enough power there already for you to get yourself into big trouble.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:42 PM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Nice Car

I love the pictures. I would definitely put a "tune" on the car. Makes a world of difference.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Silver_911 is infamous around these parts
Congrads.... Feel free to PM me as there are a few 6SpeedOnline Turbos here in Vegas !!

Old 01-23-2009, 04:30 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Love the GT2, congrats and welcome !!

Old 01-23-2009, 04:40 PM
luva966tt is infamous around these partsluva966tt is infamous around these parts
Wow, great looking car

Old 01-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Al Norton
Spend your first dollars on HPDE events. That car has some handling issues you should learn to deal with early on. There's enough power there already for you to get yourself into big trouble.
I agree. My mod plans are long term. I know the value of HPDE from my BMW driving school days. I guess what I have going in my favor now is that I'm old enough to know what I don't know, and I'm pretty conservative with the car when I drive it. The only downside is that there's now a bunch of Honda Civic pilots running around Vegas saying they smoked a GT2.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Silver_911
Congrads.... Feel free to PM me as there are a few 6SpeedOnline Turbos here in Vegas !!
Can't send PM's until I get my post count up (news to me). If it's not raining I'm going to Cars & Coffee tomorrow to hang out with the Porsche and BMW guys. Have you been to C&C?

Old 01-23-2009, 05:25 PM
petros600 is infamous around these parts
Great looking car!!! Enjoy it!!

Old 01-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
What do you think about the exhaust?
In my opinion, the exhaust completes the car. But let me say this first. My daily driver is a very quiet, silky smooth, sound proof booth called the BMW 750Li. If the GT2 was a daily driver I would have to say the exhaust is too loud. For my purposes however, it's perfect. This is a weekend car for me along with my (now somewhat tame) M Coupe. The exhaust sounds fantastic and changes note when the turbos kick in. At full power, the sound is awe inspiring. When you let off the gas there is a perfect "bubbling" effect which sounds great. The only thing I would change about the exhaust is to have the tips polished.

Last edited by MTheory; 01-23-2009 at 07:26 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My "new" GT2