996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My "new" GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 02:10 AM
jeff4774 is infamous around these parts
very nice, very stealthy...

Old 01-25-2009, 09:23 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Gorgeous,

love the old school tires

MK

Old 01-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Reaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant future
Speaking of tires, check the dates of manufacture (Link To Date Decoding) and have them inspected etc. I just noticed how you said the car only had 1,8xx miles and those are the original tires (look that way).

With the abilities this car is capable of I'd recommend getting a new set of tires for performance driving or high speed runs. The last thing you want is a old tire (even though cosmetically perfect) to fail on your pristine and perfect new GT2.

Please don't take this as a buzz kill, just something to think about. Enjoy in good health and welcome.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:58 AM
BlueRanger is infamous around these parts
Very nice.... Black wheels would make it look Mean!

Old 01-25-2009, 11:38 AM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Gorgeous,

love the old school tires

MK
I never thought about it, but I guess you're right. The car is running on museum pieces!

Originally Posted by Reaper935
Speaking of tires, check the dates of manufacture (Link To Date Decoding) and have them inspected etc. I just noticed how you said the car only had 1,8xx miles and those are the original tires (look that way).

With the abilities this car is capable of I'd recommend getting a new set of tires for performance driving or high speed runs. The last thing you want is a old tire (even though cosmetically perfect) to fail on your pristine and perfect new GT2.

Please don't take this as a buzz kill, just something to think about. Enjoy in good health and welcome.
Thanks for the heads up. I had the car inspected at GMG and they went over it pretty thoroughly. I will keep my eye on it though. I've looked at the tires myself and there absolutely no visible dry rot or "surface cracking". Based on your suggestion, however, I will probably go for a "tire only" inspection just to be safe. It would really be a shame if I had to tell my wife that I needed a new set of PS2's or something.

Originally Posted by BlueRanger
Very nice.... Black wheels would make it look Mean!
Definitely. Black wheels would really look great, but I'm very particular about aftermarket wheels. I usually stick with stock on my cars because every time I look at a wheel off the rack, it looks like it's for a pimp-mobile. (I know, I've probably been looking in the wrong places) I don't know much about the selection available for this car, so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by MTheory; 01-25-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Congrats on the acquisition of a pristine example of the GT2! All the best with it! I know you're going to have a heck of a time in its company!

Take a look at the 996 GT2 picture thread and post some pix of your beauty in it while there. Thanks!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...re-thread.html

Old 01-25-2009, 04:16 PM
LuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeLuisGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MTheory
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I plan to be a regular and try to learn as much as I can about my new car.
Here's my "new" GT2
2003, 1890 miles when purchased. GMG exhaust (my first mod).
Welcome to 6Speed........
She is a beauty. GT2 are special cars. Enjoy in good health!
Regards,

Old 01-25-2009, 05:29 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LuisGT2
Welcome to 6Speed........
She is a beauty. GT2 are special cars. Enjoy in good health!
Regards,
Wow, your Red 2 looks great. How many 2004s were brought into the US?
Is it completely stock?

Old 01-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Congrats on the pick up. Its a beauty....

Old 01-25-2009, 07:06 PM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
Beautiful...be safe

Old 01-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Just wanted to say I really appreciate all the kind words. It's funny how many of you mention safety and health. I thank all of you, but you're gonna end up scaring me more than I already am!

Old 01-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Reaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant future
Strange I never noticed your name was Gabriel, mine is as well!

All the "health and safety" comments are just our wishes that you'll never have a bad day with her...err I mean the GT2 Its not our driving skills that are in question so much as it is the other idiots we share the road with.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:38 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
You have PM

Old 01-26-2009, 03:06 AM
RS38 has a spectacular aura aboutRS38 has a spectacular aura about
great car and pics!!
(if the pics are quite recent, please do consider to buy new tires. they look like the first ones from 2003)

Old 01-26-2009, 03:34 AM
boldis_63 is infamous around these partsboldis_63 is infamous around these parts
Great car Mtheory and nice color.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My "new" GT2