996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Chp's and radar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 02:21 PM
luva966tt is infamous around these partsluva966tt is infamous around these parts
Chp's and radar

I have a Passport 9500i which for the most part saved my butt a few times. But sometimes I notice that motorcycle officers will be on the shoulder of the freeway with his hand held radar pointing at cars coming his way and my system fails to detect him. Do V-1 owners have that problem? Also am I the only idiot to forget to unplug his radar to come to a dead battery after a week. All my other cars the plug in auxileries will go off with the ignition.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:43 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luva966tt
I have a Passport 9500i which for the most part saved my butt a few times. But sometimes I notice that motorcycle officers will be on the shoulder of the freeway with his hand held radar pointing at cars coming his way and my system fails to detect him. Do V-1 owners have that problem? Also am I the only idiot to forget to unplug his radar to come to a dead battery after a week. All my other cars the plug in auxileries will go off with the ignition.
Most likely Lidar. Lidar (laser) must be aimed and must be stationary.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:51 PM
luva966tt is infamous around these partsluva966tt is infamous around these parts
That would explain it, thanks

Old 01-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
bruinjay is infamous around these parts
Interested to know as well

Old 01-25-2009, 05:52 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Check out my laser jammer group buy thread.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-feb-7-a.html

Old 01-25-2009, 06:26 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luva966tt

Those balck and whites always hide under and in the shade of many overpasses in BF.

This is not bull: I had a motor bike CHP shot me standing on a bank of the N. bound lane as I was headed south WTF!!! Missed me thank goodness. I always cruz through the town now...

Old 01-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
So how do you beat these coocksuckers?

Old 01-25-2009, 11:43 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Is it possilbe for CHP to issue a ticket sitting under the bridge before you reach them while facing the same direction as your car? Any thoughts?

Old 01-25-2009, 11:46 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Yep, forgot to turn my V-1 off about 2 weeks ago. Dead battery.... lesson learned.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:07 AM
RandomName is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Yep, forgot to turn my V-1 off about 2 weeks ago. Dead battery.... lesson learned.
hardwire it to a switch so it turns off with the car! its so easy to do

Old 01-26-2009, 12:09 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Do you have DIY instructions on how to hard wire it so it turns off with the car?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:38 PM
DaveMo is infamous around these partsDaveMo is infamous around these parts
Another idiot here....Yesterday I went and changed the fuse I had it attached to. It was trial and error until I found one that shuts off with the car.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by art4iza
Is it possilbe for CHP to issue a ticket sitting under the bridge before you reach them while facing the same direction as your car? Any thoughts?
Sure can if the car is equipped with rear radar.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
The new Lidar negatest he advantage of having the V1....it's instant on and GOTCHA! Too late to warn you. Eventually all the agencies will have this, but for the next year or two the smaller jurisdictions can't afford it and will use the type that Valentine can track. There's no real protection from instant on other than jamming, and in California, if they catch you with a jammer...they jam you hard! I court that it.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:04 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
The interesting thing was that I was going with the traffic flow about 80-85, I had a passanger as a witness. He pulled me over and said I was going 95 but gave me a ticket @93mph which was odd. I did not want to ask him questions and **** him off. What do you think, was this odd? If I was going fast I would say I deserve it but this sucks.

Originally Posted by Onetime
Sure can if the car is equipped with rear radar.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chp's and radar