996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone running FVD software with K24s??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
My car is a basically upgraded factory K24 car IMO. Flash, Wastegates, diverters, intake and exhaust.

Dyno on 91 octane on a hot 85 degree day. The wastegates are the reason HP is high so early (lots of torque).

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...11%20Turbo.jpg

I used to call this 600HP, but I think that's more like 550?

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 01-28-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Renegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ari
My car is a basically upgraded factory K24 car IMO. Flash, Wastegates, diverters, intake and exhaust.

Dyno on 91 octane on a hot 85 degree day. The wastegates are the reason HP is high so early (lots of torque).

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...11%20Turbo.jpg

Very nice, so 500whp is doable with a good k24 setup then.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Renegades
Very nice, so 500whp is doable with a good k24 setup then.
I think he was refering to Fly Wheel HP--not at the wheels.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Renegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Red 9
I think he was refering to Fly Wheel HP--not at the wheels.
Note the dyno, that means at the wheels btw.. My car as it sits has 500 at the flywheel, on k16s

I know his is rwhp but still those are solid numbers, and STILL at the wheels. Looks good Ari

Old 01-28-2009, 05:03 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
I have a turbo S with stock k24's and a FVD chip with speedtech exhaust. Here is my dyno sheet:
Name:  DSC_0504.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  91.8 KB

Old 01-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by FASTLANE
I have a turbo S with stock k24's and a FVD chip with speedtech exhaust. Here is my dyno sheet:
Attachment 88777
Wow that's awesome, that's 524awhp pump gas? Very cool, I guess once I get a pair of K24s i'll call FVD and have them send me a new file

Old 01-28-2009, 06:37 PM
edelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond repute
thats good power

Old 01-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari
My car is a basically upgraded factory

The reference here is clearly FLY WHEEL.In sig at foot of his posts he lists 516RWHP and the 600/550 reference is to the corrected to FLY WHEEL numbers.
Then Renegades asks--so 500 RWHP is doable?
The answer-- it looks like it on the evidence quoted- presuming the accuracy of the dyno numbers quoted.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Red 9
The reference here is clearly FLY WHEEL.In sig at foot of his posts he lists 516RWHP and the 600/550 reference is to the corrected to FLY WHEEL numbers.
Then Renegades asks--so 500 RWHP is doable?
The answer-- it looks like it on the evidence quoted- presuming the accuracy of the dyno numbers quoted.
Yes,
I understood from the beginning that his 550-600hp numbers were flywheel.

His ~500hp numbers were whp though, as we've both clarified at this point

Old 01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
my run was on pump gas. 93 octane and it was about 88 degrees that day.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:11 PM
EX-TUNER is infamous around these parts
Just My 2 cents. If you are going to spend the money for new turbos you should Purchase the K-24 race turbos Matched with the proper fvd software. In my opinion you will get used to the slight power increase over what you currently have with the reg k-24s, You will soon crave more power again soon after. If your going to do it,do it once.
Again just my $.02.

P.S. I built markski's car and i also trained Rhonda (she is very knowledgeable)
P.S.S i am no longer with fvd and have not been in 4 years, I also owned half of cargraphic-usa.

Last edited by EX-TUNER; 02-01-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:27 PM
TurboLover has a spectacular aura aboutTurboLover has a spectacular aura aboutTurboLover has a spectacular aura about
I was running FVD programming for my hybrid k16/k24 turbos and was very happy with the performance and reliability.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by EX-TUNER
Just My 2 cents. If you are going to spend the money for new turbos you should Purchase the K-24 race turbos Matched with the proper fvd software. In my opinion you will get used to the slight power increase over what you currently have with the reg k-24s, You will soon crave more power again soon after. If your going to do it,do it once.
Again just my $.02.

P.S. I built markski's car and i also trained Rhonda (she is very knowledgeable)
P.S.S i am no longer with fvd and have not been in 4 years, I also owned half of cargraphic-usa.

Thanks for the tip man, what's the difference between K-24 race turbos and regular K-24s?

Thanks

Old 02-01-2009, 09:01 PM
EX-TUNER is infamous around these parts
The FVD k24 race turbos run a k24 hot houseing and a polished k26 cold houseing with a special impeller. The volume of air pushed into the motor is much greater allowing the car to pull stronger in the higher rpm ranges.
The standard k-24s tend to go flat in the higher rpm range.
You will lose approx 200rpms due to lag when the boost comes on but you
will gain 1500 rpms in the top end.( with the race turbos)
You will also need a 5 bar fuel pressure reg.

During the 996 tuner shootout in feb 05 excellence my car ran the race turbos and level 4 programing. I did a 11.2 sec 1/4 et 136mph. It was also
rated the most reliable car. I drove the car from the track back to the hotel the drove the car to LA . Mechanically the car has not been touched
since. I also topped the car out at 203mph (friend yelled at me or i would have done more).

Hope this helped.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:28 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Wow Bryan back from the dead!! Hope all is well man!

What EX-Tuner is about right with regards to the FVD equipment, you'll love the upgrade
Evan (Also a former FVD Employee )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone running FVD software with K24s??