996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone running FVD software with K24s??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Renegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of light
Concerning the FVD upgrade; if I were to go with K16/16G hybrids does FVD have a tune for those style turbos too?

In the last couple days i've seen some excellent numbers posted by guys with k16/16g hybrid setups. I know we touched on this a little earlier, but do they not have the capability of a regular K24 turbo? If you were to compare the two back to back: Hp/Torque/high rpm/spool/etc

Old 02-02-2009, 03:38 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Renegades
Thanks for the tip man, what's the difference between K-24 race turbos and regular K-24s?

Thanks

I had a set of these FVD "race" turbos and was told that they were special turbos. I sent them to Blouch and was told they were regular K24's...changed them to 18G's...

Old 02-02-2009, 05:36 PM
EX-TUNER is infamous around these parts
Yep! hope all is well Evan. Just been really busy with work.
Driving the cigarette truck and looking for another 965. I forgot my password for TUNER been so long

Old 02-02-2009, 06:08 PM
ttboost- When and where did you buy those k-24 race turbos? The k-24 race turbos are the same used by RUFF, RS-Tuning,FVD at least they where back when i worked at FVD.
Renegade- I am not sure what programing FVD has available these days. I started fvd-usa in 2001 and left in the fall of 2005.
When it comes to Turbos the basic function is to force the most amount of air through the intake manifold as efficiently as possible.
Keep in mind if you were to fill a jacuzzi with a garden hose or a fire hose both at 1.2 bars of pressure which on will do the job better? The fire hose because it is capable of a larger volume of water. The same with turbos. The larger volume turbos will perform better overall. The small tricked out turbos might be fun for city driving but they get lost on the highway. Just my $.02
I was very fortunate to be able to play with unlimited turbos,programs, and a full time mechanic that did not cost me anything for 5 years. A LOT OF FUN!!!! and tickets.
What ever u decide Have fun doing it!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 06:14 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
[quote=EX-TUNER;2243182]ttboost- When and where did you buy those k-24 race turbos? The k-24 race turbos are the same used by RUFF, RS-Tuning,FVD at least they where back when i worked at FVD.

I bought a used stage 3 kit from someone who had it on a GT2. I bought the race turbos, sport mufflers and an ECU. Turbos are now 18G's, mufflers are on the car and the ECU is currently being used as a backup. I got an email from Rhonda when I first bought the kit and she said it was a "modified" K24 turbo. My tuner sent it to Blouch. I was hoping it was a 18G, 20G or something other than stock. They called and said it was a regular K24. Maybe I got screwed and got the stock GT2 turbos? Oh well, it's all good now.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:27 PM
TTboost Sorry about your miss fortune u probable got the K-24 Sport specials (level 3) those were K-24s that were honed out and polished with
a special impeller.
The race ones have a k24 hot housing with a k-26 cold housing thats been honed ported and polished with a special impeller.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by EX-TUNER
TTboost Sorry about your miss fortune u probable got the K-24 Sport specials (level 3) those were K-24s that were honed out and polished with
a special impeller.
The race ones have a k24 hot housing with a k-26 cold housing thats been honed ported and polished with a special impeller.

Thats sounds about what Rhonda told me. No harm, VERY happy how I ended up...

Don't want to get off topic, but I'm curious now. What are the K24/26's comparable? 18G? GT28? GT30?

Old 02-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Honestly i have been out of the loop for the past 2.5 years and dont want to give you any false info. Although I am Very knowledgeable and was on the inside world of porsche tuning i am not up to date on the newest equipment available.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Renegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of light
How much is the k26 cold housing upgrade? Cause if it's like $500/per turbo then I mine as well get the 18g cold side at that point, right?