996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ecliptech Shift-I - Anyone have these?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:34 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be interested in a group buy....

John, please consider this....just the DE crowd in the VIR thread alone would sell 10...add us, the 997tt forum and the gt3 forum....

Jeff

Old 02-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I'd be interested in a group buy....

John, please consider this....just the DE crowd in the VIR thread alone would sell 10...add us, the 997tt forum and the gt3 forum....

Jeff
Jeff,

Now that I'm a sponsor, I can host a GB. Cost shipped to the states per the website is $142 shipped. GB price is slightly better at $130 shipped. If anyone is interested, I need 10 people in and here's your choice of tachs

http://www.ecliptech.com.au/main_win_sep06.html

Edwin

Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silvershark
I have one...3 wires that is it, very easy to install
Originally Posted by oak
Edwin, I have compensated for the delay or lag by programming the lights to register a few hundred rpms quicker I think I set it to 7k rpms.

I'll post up some pics when I get a chance. I haven't been into working on my turbo since my last year long fiasco, It's been in hibernation.

Remind me if I forget!
Can one of you guys tell me which power wire you spliced into? Mine should be arriving this week. Thanks

Edwin

Old 02-09-2009, 10:02 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be in...curved, green/yellow/red light option (like John's).

I'll paypal funds and my shipping address once you get the 10 people needed together. Keep up in the loop. No rush.

Thanks!

jeff

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 02-09-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I'd be in...curved, green/yellow/red light option (like John's).

I'll paypal funds and my shipping address once you get the 10 people needed together. Keep up in the loop. No rush.

Thanks!

jeff
Sounds good.

1. JCB

Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Edwin,

Great to see you as a sponsor and host of the group buy! Pick up your power from a switched fuse, such as heated seat...you'll love this light!

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 02-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Edwin,

Great to see you as a sponsor and host of the group buy! Pick up your power from a switched fuse, such as heated seat...you'll love this light!
Thanks for the welcome John I got it now. I'll post a DIY when I do it.

Btw, any more R9000's left?

Edwin

Old 02-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Edwin,

Sory, all the R900's are all gone...they went quick.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
Old 02-16-2009, 10:49 AM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Too bad, I already ordered mine before finding this thread. (can they still consider me part of the group buy?)

Any update on the install? My biggest issue is location. My preference would be somewhere in the line of sight. Maybe on the dash near where it meets the bottom of the windshield by the alarm light? I really don't want it on the steering column because thats my problem, when I'm running the car, I have my eyes on what's ahead of me, not the tach.

I'm thinking of fabricating a custom brace that would hold the light at the very top of the windshield, like a V1, right in front of me. At least it would be easy to run the wiring from there.

What do you guys think?

Old 02-16-2009, 10:49 AM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Check out John D's. I think that's the perfect location

Edwin

Old 02-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Gabriel,

I had a previous sequential shift light velcroed on the top of the dash against the windshiels and it was a very good, functional spot, as well. However, when I discovered the Elip-tech and it's smaller size, I changed to the steering column location, which I prefer. Both locations work very well, it's just a matter of aesthetics and I prefer the top of the dash free of attachments. The Eliptech also goes very well with the lines of the car on the steering column, so it looks like it belongs there...

Here is a picture of the former shift light on the dash.

2022 Cayenne White

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 02-16-2009 at 02:58 PM.