996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Install Pics of Intercoolers, Headers, and Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We try Rep points for you.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 AM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vividracing
We try Rep points for you.

hey Dan, not sure if you missed my earlier post...but how does these ICs compare to stock and GT2 ICs?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
oops I missed that. Well these are definitely better then the stock IC and the GT2 IC as everyone here says are not that much better. The specs on the Agency Power intercoolers are:

Dimensions:
-Core Thickness: 3.5 inch
-Core Volume vs. Stock: 40% larger
-Performance Efficiency: 85%
-Flow rate: 620 CFM / side
-Leak Tested: @ 30 PSI
-Pressure Drop: less than 1%
-Support HP: 750+

Old 02-11-2009, 10:30 AM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
oops I missed that. Well these are definitely better then the stock IC and the GT2 IC as everyone here says are not that much better. The specs on the Agency Power intercoolers are:

Dimensions:
-Core Thickness: 3.5 inch
-Core Volume vs. Stock: 40% larger
-Performance Efficiency: 85%
-Flow rate: 620 CFM / side
-Leak Tested: @ 30 PSI
-Pressure Drop: less than 1%
-Support HP: 750+
What is the corresponding data for stock and GT2 ICs?

And have you guys done testing to compare iat deltas on various turbo set ups?

Curious how much impact bigger ICs make on these cars....

Thanks for the info!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor
that is the data compared to the stock... here is a real world test for you. do 1/4mile, 60-130, and dyno with your stock IC's. I will send you the AP intercoolers at a special price. Install them and do all the same tests. If you like them, cool, if not, take them off and send them back for a full refund.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:46 AM
that is the data compared to the stock... here is a real world test for you. do 1/4mile, 60-130, and dyno with your stock IC's. I will send you the AP intercoolers at a special price. Install them and do all the same tests. If you like them, cool, if not, take them off and send them back for a full refund.
Dan, that's a generous offer, but I'd like to know more on the comparison from you guys or those who have already installed these before I committed to spending time installing new ICs....

Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I do not have AP intercoolers, because they were not around when I bought mine, but I have B6 ones. I came from stock 996TT intercoolers on my GT3071/K24 setup (at the time, now they are 3076's). I do not have any dyno or 60-130s, but I do know that the car did feel slower on the summer days with the stockers after 20min of driving and beating on the car. With the new intercoolers I hardly notice any heat soak, if any. That in my opinion is the biggest problem with stock ones.

If I didn't have B6s I would have the AP ones in a heart beat.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks Chris!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Powell
I do not have AP intercoolers, because they were not around when I bought mine, but I have B6 ones. I came from stock 996TT intercoolers on my GT3071/K24 setup (at the time, now they are 3076's). I do not have any dyno or 60-130s, but I do know that the car did feel slower on the summer days with the stockers after 20min of driving and beating on the car. With the new intercoolers I hardly notice any heat soak, if any. That in my opinion is the biggest problem with stock ones.

If I didn't have B6s I would have the AP ones in a heart beat.
Thanks for the info! I just wish there were more people data logging so we could see just how much improvement these different options provide. In this case comparing IAT (intake air temperature) deltas on stock vs. gt2 vs. B6 vs. AP vs. other products/options...would be helpful to see just how much better each option is.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:58 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
I will do data logs of IAT with stock Vs Agency power ICs next days...Keep you informed...

Old 02-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by skandalis447
I will do data logs of IAT with stock Vs Agency power ICs next days...Keep you informed...

That would be great! Looking forward to it!

Thanks!