996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Install Pics of Intercoolers, Headers, and Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Install Pics of Intercoolers, Headers, and Intake

Thought I would share this customers Porsche 996 Turbo pics he emailed us. The car is located in Switzerland and he added the Agency Power Carbon Fiber Intake, Agency Power Larger Intercoolers, Agency Power Headers, and Agency Power Silicone Boost Hoses with F-Hose. Some good pics to see the installed items. Hopefully I will get a dyno sheet soon. Enjoy!

Old 02-06-2009, 03:33 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Now that you posted the pics, let me take advantage and ask a related question: The plastic piece that starts inside the side intake an ends connected to the top of the intercooler seems to be one long piece which arches over the wheel well. How difficult is it to remove that piece? It already appears that removal of the rear bumper cover is in order, how about the wheel well plastic? Is that hard to remove?

Great pics BTW, keep up the good work! repped.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Rep back at ya. can you take that pic and circle in red what you are talking about?

Old 02-06-2009, 04:55 PM
crxwv has a spectacular aura aboutcrxwv has a spectacular aura aboutcrxwv has a spectacular aura about
gotta love the carbon...

Old 02-06-2009, 04:59 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
how do these ICs compare to stock and GT2?

will you log IATs when you dyno?

Old 02-06-2009, 06:07 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vividracing
Rep back at ya. can you take that pic and circle in red what you are talking about?
It's the part at the center of these cropped photos. I'm assuming it continues all the way to the opening of the side intakes where it meets the shiny painted outer intake.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:06 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MTheory
Now that you posted the pics, let me take advantage and ask a related question: The plastic piece that starts inside the side intake an ends connected to the top of the intercooler seems to be one long piece which arches over the wheel well. How difficult is it to remove that piece? It already appears that removal of the rear bumper cover is in order, how about the wheel well plastic? Is that hard to remove?

Great pics BTW, keep up the good work! repped.
I have to satisfy my curiosity and ask, WHY? Why would you want to remove that?

Old 02-07-2009, 08:33 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Gabriel, that plastic is the intercooler air inlet duct. It is simple to remove from the body and is merely clipped on to the intercooler. The fenderliner is also simple to remove.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Former Vendor
Whoever left me negative rep saying "blown6 guys are crooks", these are not them read the first post. I have 20 of these instock and ship same day. If you have a problem or issue with a different product or vendor, don't take it out on us.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:55 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
Whoever left me negative rep saying "blown6 guys are crooks", these are not them read the first post. I have 20 of these instock and ship same day. If you have a problem or issue with a different product or vendor, don't take it out on us.
hey dan i just left you a positive rep ... you rock!! any word on the camaro??

Old 02-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by _Zac
I have to satisfy my curiosity and ask, WHY? Why would you want to remove that?
Here's my idea. My black GT2 has factory speed yellow highlights, mainly the brake calipers, seat belts, and interior stitching. I thought it might look good if I had this plastic piece we have been talking about painted speed yellow, so that you could see the color at certain angles when you looked into the side intakes. I would do the same to the plastic intakes on the wing. The paint would only be on the inside so that it would be low key and only visible at certain angles. In order to do it right, you would have to remove this "duct". BTW, the outer "shiny" part of the intake would obviously stay as is.

I actually got the idea after seeing the inside of an F-16 intake which had been painted bright red.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
Gabriel, that plastic is the intercooler air inlet duct. It is simple to remove from the body and is merely clipped on to the intercooler. The fenderliner is also simple to remove.
Sounds promising. I'll update with a new thread if I ever decide to tackle this job. Thanks!

Old 02-08-2009, 11:19 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Dan, please let me know if you have a used pair of Agency Headers please

Old 02-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor
of your pm sorry no used parts.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 PM
jeffw has a spectacular aura aboutjeffw has a spectacular aura aboutjeffw has a spectacular aura about
Certainly love to see pics of projects.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Install Pics of Intercoolers, Headers, and Intake