996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Intake plenum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 11:24 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
i have good results with the ipd plenum and 75mm throttlebody. The car feels much stronger and the best is the throttle responce. The standard responce is not realy nice, especial between the shifts in low gears its better with the ipd plenum and 75mm TB.....

i am with the others, this mod is one of the last things to do if you have all other good mods done....

Old 02-07-2009, 12:59 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Yep, exactly what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by winnigt2
i have good results with the ipd plenum and 75mm throttlebody. The car feels much stronger and the best is the throttle responce. The standard responce is not realy nice, especial between the shifts in low gears its better with the ipd plenum and 75mm TB.....

i am with the others, this mod is one of the last things to do if you have all other good mods done....

Old 02-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Todd: Had to watch my son while wifey went to Crossfit, graded papers, went to lunch, ran a CBR, grade some more papers, teach some Jits at 4, and go to a sobriety party at 6.

I have to get things done so that I can make Urbanspeed tomorrow you fuzzy peach man. You goin?

Old 02-07-2009, 01:00 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Let's clear up some thing here. Are we talking about intake plenum (turbo inlets) or intake plenum that goes on TB? There is two plenums.

Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Those of you who have an upgraded intake plenum, what are your thoughts as to the power gains? We are going to fix a vacuum leak near the intake plenum and I was wondering if I should just replace it while we're in there.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:26 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
Let's clear up some thing here. Are we talking about intake plenum (turbo inlets) or intake plenum that goes on TB? There is two plenums.
the TB one.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:20 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Hmmmm. Come to think of it there are 4 sections that are commonly (and not necessarily correctly) referred to as intake plenums...the turbo inlet piping, the large Y-pipe that precedes the TB, the small y-divider post-TB, and the intake manifolds attached to the heads.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I have the turbo inlets, I think Todd is asking about the RSS Y divider post TB. Doing everything is expensive (and works together) although I have had good results w/ the inlet piping.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Install, drive around, and check out the response on your own. Every guy I know of here in Cali has it and can tell you the same thing about it. You will feel a difference, I speak of experience not to mention it's dyno proven. Call Greg at RSS.

the TB one.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Install, drive around, and check out the response on your own. Every guy I know of here in Cali has it and can tell you the same thing about it. You will feel a difference, I speak of experience not to mention it's dyno proven. Call Greg at RSS.
so are you talking about the intake plenum feeding from the turbo exhausts, the one that requires engine removal? or is it the other plenum that requires no engine removal. IF the second, do you need a retune for that one?

Old 02-07-2009, 05:19 PM
does not require engine removal, in the back of TB. No tuning needed. the latter one requires engine removal and re-tuning depending on the modification.

Originally Posted by Prche951
so are you talking about the intake plenum feeding from the turbo exhausts, the one that requires engine removal? or is it the other plenum that requires no engine removal. IF the second, do you need a retune for that one?

Old 02-07-2009, 06:38 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
does not require engine removal, in the back of TB. No tuning needed. the latter one requires engine removal and re-tuning depending on the modification.
Thanks Art. I appreciate your first hand knowledge on the subject. Unlike some people.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Todd,

I talked w/ many people about the RSS plenum and there were many many threads about it a year ago or so when it came out. For every person like Art there were at least 2 who got no results. And I was told by Sam Shalala that it would require an engine drop.

Go ahead and drop 1.8 K and maybe you will notice some results, its your money.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I guess you have to ask yourself one question.....

What would "Old Greg" do?

Old 02-07-2009, 08:38 PM
ole Greg would offer me a drinky. And then show me his mangina.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:44 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
where the hell were you two this morning? Huge turnout at cars and coffee. Steve brought the Ruf Rt12.
I was dying this morning. Glad I showed up though. hopefully next time my F'ing car will be running.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Intake plenum