996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Intake plenum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:23 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Intake plenum

Those of you who have an upgraded intake plenum, what are your thoughts as to the power gains? We are going to fix a vacuum leak near the intake plenum and I was wondering if I should just replace it while we're in there.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
It won't make that much difference. I would swap your mods onto Tommy's car, that would make a big diff.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:49 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Right. Then I'd have two TT's. Not even you would do that.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Todd,

Don't keep pouring money into your tip to try and make a sub 6 second car. Get it tuned properly and enjoy it but don't spend anymore money if what you really want is a roll on king.

You have already done pretty much all of the good cost effective modifications. Your next step would be a secondary fuel pump, plenum, TB and other mods which are much more expensive relative to the HP gain. And then your tranny would not be able to take advantage of them. My advice would be to either enjoy your car for what it is, the Ultimate DD. Like I said if you really want a weekend warrior/highway King you are going to have to get a 6speed.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 02-06-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Actually, upgrading your IC's would be a solid investment. The secondary fuel pump would be the only other one I would consider but then you would need a retune.

Most (along w/ Todd K) agree that the plenum upgrade is only worth the money if you are running GT 30's or 35's. Have you finally gotten the tune dialed in?

Old 02-06-2009, 11:26 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Todd,
Dr. Jitsu is a motha licka with a bit of a downstairs mix up, but I think he might be right on this one . I would get a second pump and your tune dialed in, at most, and just enjoy. I know that's next to impossible. You might buy a second TT 6 speed and swap all the parts and then dump the tip. Sorry for the bad advice

Old 02-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Holy Old Greg.. what was that? I just watched the whole thing.. hahaha

Old 02-07-2009, 01:26 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I would strongly recommend that and made a big difference in my car. Better throtle response and made the turbos spooling quicker. Your call though and I respect everyone else's opinion here.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:43 AM
eazy now fuzzy little man peach
you ever drunk Baileys from a shoe
you wanna go to a party where people wee on each other
im gonna hurt u........

This thread has truly taken a downstairs mix up.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 02-07-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:16 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
OH MY GOD Ryan were in the hell do you come up with motha licka,the drugs must be strong, real strong......

Old 02-07-2009, 09:30 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
im also with sean on this it dont make that much of a difference ,

art didnt you get all your mods put on at the same time ? if so it owuld be hard to tell what made that difference.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
OH MY GOD Ryan were in the hell do you come up with motha licka,the drugs must be strong, real strong......
In the beginning, Old Greg asks "what are yew doin in my waters?" Howard Moon says "not fishing" then Old Greg says "then how come this hook is attached to my head fool?" Howard:"its not me!" Greg "its attached to yer rod mother licker"

Excuse me folks, I have to explain everything to Walnut. Fortunately, his wife cuts up his food into little pieces for him.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:05 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Actually when I had the Giac file there was not enough fuel so it was running too lean. After I added the IPD Plenum there was a 20HP gain which is significant to me. Most of my friends with Giac file had similar problems but I always kept my plenum on. Another friend of mine took the plenum off and had a 30HP decline on the graph and after adding the plenum we saw a 20HP gain. Why does my car put down 620rwhp on dyno dynamics fully strapped down with 10 belts and still does burn out on the dyno, no idea. On a dyno jet this number will be translated to 670-680HP, not to mention the torque was 50 higher than HP. All I can say is that there was better throtle response and quicker spooling. Look at it this way, it is money back gauranteed. I don't even work for anyone here so my word is unbiased. Best of Luck.

Originally Posted by unvmym3
im also with sean on this it dont make that much of a difference ,

art didnt you get all your mods put on at the same time ? if so it owuld be hard to tell what made that difference.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:10 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Paulie, sheesh! Click on motha licka in my post. There is a vid linked to it. Sheesh.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:14 AM
where the hell were you two this morning? Huge turnout at cars and coffee. Steve brought the Ruf Rt12.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Intake plenum