996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just ran a Honda CBR 1000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Jroc is infamous around these partsJroc is infamous around these parts
I love beating bikes, or hanging with them. Most of them aren't use to that at all and they give soooo much respect when it happens. New 1000cc bikes are pretty fast 137+traps

Old 02-08-2009, 05:18 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WyattTT
Ive had my share of sport bikes. My modded Kawi ZX9r went 9.80's at 147+, and never lost to a car on the street/hwy. The GSXR 1000 with mild mods ran a best of 10.20's @ 140+. The Kawi ZX10r ran 10.00 @ 145+ with mild mods, plus it hit 100mph in first gear! The granddeady of 'em all was the ZX14! 9.90's stock and never tested it after some mods, but it had 212 whp and Im sure would have been mid 9's at that time. Just exhaust on the 14 made it over 20lbs lighter and 12hp.

A good and LIGHT rider can get the newer 600s in the mid to high tens.

These bikes are no joke. No greater ride for the money and with a few mods they get crazy.
I own a ZX14 with pipe and tune and it will run away from my 700 hp Ford GT like its standing still and the car runs mid to low 10's at 137mph. The big bikes with good riders run away from all street cars, the only thing that keeps them close is the bike riders lack of *****!

Old 02-08-2009, 05:30 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Power to weight, the bikes should have it up to a point where the drag lets the car take advantage of it's slippery shape and how it parts air and puts it back together.
Off the line, big bikes rule, but at top speed, get ready for a 996TT to go flying past all but the very hottest built bikes.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:39 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Yes Jamie,but the real question is will it beat your stock Z06?

Old 02-08-2009, 06:59 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Yes Jamie,but the real question is will it beat your stock Z06?
Yes, unless YOU were riding the 14! The Z06 can't handle superbikes but cars like yours are no problem!

Last edited by jamie furman; 02-08-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by jjbravo
Power to weight, the bikes should have it up to a point where the drag lets the car take advantage of it's slippery shape and how it parts air and puts it back together.
Off the line, big bikes rule, but at top speed, get ready for a 996TT to go flying past all but the very hottest built bikes.
Well both the Hayabusa and the 14 STOCK run 1/4's in the 9's at about 150mph with a top speed close to 190mph. Anything that goes from 0 to 150 in under 10 seconds and tops out at 190mph probably in under 20 seconds total is not going to have anything flying by it period. By the time the fastest cars reach those speeds the Superbikes have already got there and shut down. There might be a handful of street cars in the whole country that can accellerate like that but you could count those on 1 hand.

Last edited by jamie furman; 02-08-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:47 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Tough to see the result when cars are in front of you. I used to race bikes before, gets pretty scary when you are punching the bike at high speed with cars getting closer and closer. Don't know much about CBR's. I know GSXR 1300 would be very tough to beat.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Good kill Sean, but like Sean said the guy said he almost had to downshift. Since Sean was on lower boost he probably left the bike in a lower gear and just laid into the throttle. On high boost I know Sean will give him a run for his money, probably beating him, but then again its the street so you never know what could happen.

Also like one of the people said Bikes have a horrible drag coefficient and from a roll that kills a bike. Like Scott said he ran a 189rwhp Busa from a roll and beat him at 750rwhp or so, but if that would have been from a stop he would have gotten DESTROYED because the bikes going to do 0-160 (or 170) in a high 8 or lower area, while Scott does it in the low 10 area (if not high 9s (with traction)) but only 0 to ~153mph.

Last edited by Powell; 02-08-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
In 4th at 120 I was pulling away from him pretty solidly although not so much from 80 which is where I punched it. My car is really, really strong at 120 in 4th. However I have seen some really crazy....I mean insane people on bikes and I didn't want to test our ability to to brake before the oncomming traffic.

I love to street race in Mexico but I would rather loose than to have a hand in anyones death.

I would be really interested in running a superbike on an empty Mexican Tollway where I can take 4th to 135 and run hard in 5th up to 160.

If you are ever in my part of "Mexico" Jamie that would be fun.

Like I said I am leary of Bikes because I have seen them do the old GM/Ricer fly by at 150 and them weave in and out of traffic at that speed.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:20 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
This is a great video that shows how much power (the viper has about 1000 carnk hp) a car needs to have to hang with a stock Hayabusa. Then watch part 2 when he runs a bigbore zx12 R

part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ8A5kxED-Y

part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjWUgI_PUTs

Last edited by sideWays_swe; 02-09-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:06 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Well both the Hayabusa and the 14 STOCK run 1/4's in the 9's at about 150mph with a top speed close to 190mph. Anything that goes from 0 to 150 in under 10 seconds and tops out at 190mph probably in under 20 seconds total is not going to have anything flying by it period. By the time the fastest cars reach those speeds the Superbikes have already got there and shut down. There might be a handful of street cars in the whole country that can accellerate like that but you could count those on 1 hand.

You know.... you're absolutely right and I probably overstated the ability of the TT and most other cars against the hottest bikes.
New bikes just have so much power to overcome the barn door aerodynamics. I just remember the "good old days" when my original statement held much more water. My bad.
And by the way, I am a biker. Have owned 40+ machines. Currently a B-King and and old GSX-R750LTD. Sold my Busa and Ducati so just down to two....

Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 AM
nomadmai is infamous around these parts
Ridiculous, maybe? But I wouldn't mind car that fast

Old 02-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jjbravo
You know.... you're absolutely right and I probably overstated the ability of the TT and most other cars against the hottest bikes.
New bikes just have so much power to overcome the barn door aerodynamics. I just remember the "good old days" when my original statement held much more water. My bad.
And by the way, I am a biker. Have owned 40+ machines. Currently a B-King and and old GSX-R750LTD. Sold my Busa and Ducati so just down to two....
Not quite. Your initial statement is still sound.

Hayabusa (stock): 0-200kmh/h = 7.3 seconds.
Porsche TT (moded @ 500bhp) = 12 seconds.

This would equal a gap pulled by the bike of about 150 meters (500 feet).

However,

Hayabusa (stock): 0-300km/h = 30 seconds
Porsche (moded): 0-300km/h = 26 seconds

Yes from a standstill bike would pull a gap but not as much you might think. Then it’s all Porsche’s territory. Car would start regaining lost ground rather quickly as bike would begin to struggle with aerodynamic drag. Bike will eventually be passed given enough road length, which on highways usually exists aplenty.

PS. I race bikes. I would never pick a fight with a 996TT (albeit chipped) or anything above 500bhp above 250km/h on bike, on motorway. Period. Been there, done it and have a T-shirt to prove it – in both roles.

996TT will start flashing lights and you will have to move over. Plus, at 300km/h on bike life ain’t fun at all – big ***** in your pants or not – and I ain’t bragging but they aren’t small. .

However anything but motorways, good rider will be uncatchable if speeds are up to 250km/h and road is not too twisty - however it will still be close, very, very close. 4 wheel drive and 500bhp is alot to overcome even for fastest of bikes. Rider needs to be really, really good and brave.

Last edited by Terminator; 02-09-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I've been dragracing motorcycles for the last 17 years (as well as the occasional highway blasts), both naturally aspirated and turbo, and I've learned not to underestimate any vehicle, 2 or 4 wheeled. You never know. Any decently powered motorcycle will have the advantage for the short term. I know that I have easily beaten 600's and 750's on the highway roll-on with only 500whp. As a bike racer, I can appreciate a car than can do this...

Old 02-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Banned
The Turbo is infamous around these partsThe Turbo is infamous around these parts
Bottom line is the bike is quicker to 125 than your car -

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just ran a Honda CBR 1000