996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just ran a Honda CBR 1000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:29 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Who races from a 150mph roll come on now. By 150 that busa will be so far ahead of a 500hp 996 its not even funny.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by revracer
Who races from a 150mph roll come on now. By 150 that busa will be so far ahead of a 500hp 996 its not even funny.
German autobahn, all the bloody time. . You need to move over or gas it every 5 minutes.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:56 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
My last Supra (1,000 rwhp) would WALK a ZX-14, Hayabusa, GSXR-1000, etc... HARD from 60-170. From 60-80 the bike would jump a car and by 100 mph I was even...by 120 I was pulling HARD. The only bike that I could NOT pull was a turbo Hayabusa (and that was only at around 260 rwhp - not at full kill which would have put it at around 350 rwhp) which jumped out on me and stayed there until about 150 mph when we shut down.
Peter

Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Lets forget bugatti. Its not even funny its so bad . But watch at the end CGT 612bhp. And yes I know R1 is down 30 bhp on busa. But example shows what happens to bikes at top speeds over 150mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbMSt...eature=related

Old 02-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Old 02-10-2009, 08:09 PM
jeffw has a spectacular aura aboutjeffw has a spectacular aura aboutjeffw has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by houstonT
My last Supra (1,000 rwhp) would WALK a ZX-14, Hayabusa, GSXR-1000, etc... HARD from 60-170. From 60-80 the bike would jump a car and by 100 mph I was even...by 120 I was pulling HARD. The only bike that I could NOT pull was a turbo Hayabusa (and that was only at around 260 rwhp - not at full kill which would have put it at around 350 rwhp) which jumped out on me and stayed there until about 150 mph when we shut down.
Peter
250 is a low end turbo on a busa these days. You should also watch out for turbo gsxr-1000's.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jeffw
250 is a low end turbo on a busa these days. You should also watch out for turbo gsxr-1000's.

Yup, gotta be careful.

Look for the telltale wastegate tube(s) poking out of the fairing.

Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2009, 08:28 PM
jeffw has a spectacular aura aboutjeffw has a spectacular aura aboutjeffw has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ttboost
Yup, gotta be careful.

Look for the telltale wastegate tube(s) poking out of the fairing.
Well depends on which side you see the bike.

And yes before you ask I have had 3 1000's and two Busa's since 2001. One was a mild turbo busa

Old 02-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Renegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of light
There's a guy here in town with a black turbo Busa with twin dump tubes and a bottle of nitrous mounted on the side...

Old 02-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Renegades
There's a guy here in town with a black turbo Busa with twin dump tubes and a bottle of nitrous mounted on the side...

that's nice and all, but if you didn't see him dragging a set of these behind the bike, he's most likely not going to get the best of that bike

Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Renegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Prche951
that's nice and all, but if you didn't see him dragging a set of these behind the bike, he's most likely not going to get the best of that bike

Haha I completely agree, but without knowing the guy personally - only having met him once - I can safely say he has huge *****.

He's this giant 6'4" 250lb guy with a bald head, full black suit, and runs the **** out of that bike. I've heard him on it before.

He run's it in the 8th mile locally i've been told, cuts really, really fast times - of course - but that bike really needs a 1/4 mile track to get the most out of that top-end.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Well it does not take anything special to go fast straight in a line on a bike; however should you want to take to the twisties that is a different game all together.

I can tell you a turbo busa won't be the fastest bike.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by jeffw
Well it does not take anything special to go fast straight in a line on a bike; however should you want to take to the twisties that is a different game all together.

I can tell you a turbo busa won't be the fastest bike.
Busa's are the worst bikes for handling, the sport bikes are much better - obviously heh

Old 02-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Back on topic.. Did we verify that this "CBR-1000" was not actually his neighbors daughters bike on training wheels? I have one of them on my street always trying to pick street races...

Old 02-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Renegades
Busa's are the worst bikes for handling, the sport bikes are much better - obviously heh
. Ditto.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just ran a Honda CBR 1000