996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Here's an old shot of Tom Kerr's car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:31 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
Looks great now! I was looking through my phone and found a day 1 photo of the camo project. It's amazing how much different a car can look in 6 months - 1 years time, to the point no one recognizes it as being the same!
Wes we need to get the cars to a track for a shoot out!! or at least photo shoot!

speed yellow, I adjusted the wing based on traqmate data, lap times and top end speeds (best I could do, I dont have a wind tunnel, but I am full of hot air and slept at a Holiday Inn Express before the races)

Old 02-17-2009, 04:36 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Still with Vortex, and the pit crew thing is dangerous!!
You don't trust me? We managed to get Bob through the 6 hours at winterfest without setting his car on fire during re-fueling or having a wheel fall off

Old 02-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Wes we need to get the cars to a track for a shoot out!! or at least photo shoot!

speed yellow, I adjusted the wing based on traqmate data, lap times and top end speeds (best I could do, I dont have a wind tunnel, but I am full of hot air and slept at a Holiday Inn Express before the races)
Tom,

You need to do your shoot outs with cup cars. You're way beyond the rest of us. With 600+ hp/tq and 2900-3000 lbs. that monster should be unbeatable. Car is looking great.

Hope you make it to Road Atlanta soon. I would love to see it and meet you.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Photoshoot sounds fun, track shootout not so fun for me I'm anxious to get the car out and learn it just as you have, but have got a few years worth of time less behind the drivers seat. You are right though, these things are addicting, we're at 3248 right now and looking to get her down to 2,9XX by next year while still keeping it "streetable" for those once in a while drives.

I'm hoping to make it down to PBIR and Sebring once after March, I'm sure you'll be out there at your second home!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:13 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute

Tom,

Hope all is well!

How do people react to the car now on the street?

Jeff

(putting a wing on for fun soon....in the paint process right now...and for the DE/track stuff...had planned on giving up track time...but couldn't... )

Old 02-17-2009, 08:24 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
Photoshoot sounds fun, track shootout not so fun for me I'm anxious to get the car out and learn it just as you have, but have got a few years worth of time less behind the drivers seat. You are right though, these things are addicting, we're at 3248 right now and looking to get her down to 2,9XX by next year while still keeping it "streetable" for those once in a while drives.

I'm hoping to make it down to PBIR and Sebring once after March, I'm sure you'll be out there at your second home!

Wes meet up with me at a Chin event at Sebring and we will do some driving, bring your car I will get you smooth and fast in no time.

my car is still streetable but when the CF doors go on it wont be waterproof. I am just now only looking for FAST. I think I will have to race GT1 in porsche club which is Speed World Challenge car type. I am ready to go, car is super smooth and fast, just needs to loose another 200 pounds.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
yeah sorry couldnt get up there. let me know when you are town and cant hit sebring, my car is your car!! co-drivers baby, let me know!!
Damn man, wa looking forward to chatting it up once again at VIR :/ I'll also make it down to Sebring, i'll see when jenk is going and coordinate it

Old 02-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Damn man, wa looking forward to chatting it up once again at VIR :/ I'll also make it down to Sebring, i'll see when jenk is going and coordinate it

that would be awesome..... wish I could make the VIR event but car is apart again!!