996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Where O' Where Have KPV and Vipertestarossa GONE?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 02:24 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Too tired to post guys...........I have been driving for 10 hours today!!

I will post all of the info tomorrow, but in the meantime, here is a hint..............to whet your appetites........

Old 09-24-2004, 02:43 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
That looks like it's from a 1955 Lotus grand prix car.

Old 09-24-2004, 06:54 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Ken:

I am dieing to talk about your new toy but I guess I shouldn't.

Diga sus amigos, mi hombre.

Old 09-24-2004, 08:15 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
I can't even take a guess at what that is....

Old 09-24-2004, 08:34 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
OK, after much needed sleep, here is how the story goes……………
I have always had a love for all things with wheels. One wheel (yeah, no kidding!), two wheels, three wheels and four wheels. It really didn’t matter, as long as it had wheels, I was lovin’ it. Bicycles, motorcycles, cars, SUV’s, etc., etc.
My love for motorcycles and cars seems to cycle itself from year to year, rotating one or the other in favor for that particular year. Don’t know why, but it just is that way.
Well, this year was very different. This year, cars AND motorcycles were very prevalent in my life. I have never done so many rides and drives with so many great people!! I credit my great friendships with the 6 Pack as well as several other riding buddies to the common passions of driving and riding. Well, with regard to riding, I have a decent history of vehicles………
  1. First motorized two wheeler was a minibike
  2. I then went onto a minicycle (essentially a minibike with larger wheels)
  3. Somehow or another I got my hands on a 1960’s Vespa which I had to tear down and rebuild to get to work. Work it did and it did about 65mph!!
  4. I then needed to get into more serious vehicles. A 1988 Honda Hurricane 600.
  5. 1994 CBR 900RR
  6. 1998 CBR 900RR
  7. 2000 Ducati 996
  8. 2002 Ducati 998

Enter my now good friend, Mr. Vipertestarossa. Ron has a colorful bike history as well and was coming off a Harley and now wanted a sportbike. He was looking at the Yamaha R1. I tried and I tried to convince him that he would be much better off with the new Ducati 999. Well, I guess it worked because soon thereafter, this bad boy was parked in his garage!!!!!!

GOOD CHOICE MY FRIEND!!!!!!

At this time I was looking at a possible Cayenne purchase but decided to hold off for awhile since it wasn’t really necessary just yet. In the meantime, I happened to stop in my local Ducati dealership and came upon the bike I made a vow to myself to get as my next bike. About a year ago, I read an article in one of the bike mags about MV Agusta’s plans to build a 1000cc version of their F4 machine. Until now, it only came in a 750 and THAT would not do after living with all of these liter bikes!

Well, right before my eyes were several stunning examples of the new F4 1000. Now, let me explain. The new F4 1000 currently comes in two forms, the F4 1000 and the F4 1000 AGO. The AGO adds a lot of carbon fiber, a stand, overalls (yes, believe it or not), a second race exhaust, a race Eprom, a bike cover and some other do-dads. They only made 300 of them. Of the 300, only 50 made their way to the states.
Well, after I picked up my jaw, both from the beauty and the price, I set my sights!!! Mission established, goal inevitable!!

After making some phone calls, I came across this fabulous dealership in Atlanta, Georgia. They are called Atlanta Triumph and Ducati. http://www.atlantatriumphducati.com/
Well, they had an AGO #40 of 300 in their showroom and ready to go!! OK, here is my AMEX card number, thank you!!

Next order of business was ebay to sell the 998. In the course of one week, it was gone! Amazing, the power of ebay!!

So, it was now time to finalize my payment for the AGO and arrange the delivery. Well, I sent two personal checks via Fedex to the dealership and THE NEXT DAY, Ron and I were driving to Virginia to meet my salesman for the transfer!! Talk about customer service, respect, good business, etc., etc. I cannot say enough good things about these guys!! He even brought me a new leather jacket I was considering and said, take it home and if you want it call with your card #. Where does this happen in this day and age of fraud and mistrust??? These guys have earned my business for years to come!!

So, without further adieu, I introduce you to the new KPV vehicle. The 166hp, MV Agusta F4 1000 AGO

Last edited by KPV; 09-24-2004 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:34 PM
KPV

Old 09-24-2004, 08:40 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts

Old 09-24-2004, 08:40 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
You guys are out of control..... I love it !!!!!

Good luck and be safe........!!!!

Old 09-24-2004, 08:45 PM
KPV
I wanted to reserve this for a separate post. I want to sincerely thank Ron for offering to accompany me down to Virginia to pick up the bike. We drove, and drove and drove and it was a long journey (11 hours of driving roundtrip). Thank you my friend!

I also want to say thank you to Michele for helping me come to terms with making this decision and expressing her excitement for this endeavor. It was really tough selling the Ducati since it was the best handling bike I had ever owned. I also want to thank Sean for his phone call to see if all was going well with the transaction and the journey.

People may make fun of our little "6 Pack" but I will tell you right now, I consider every one of them a very close friend and thank 6speed for allowing me to come to know them. The more time goes on, the more I realize they will be my friends for yeas to come!

Thanks guys and gal!! You are the best.

Old 09-24-2004, 08:51 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Ken .... You suck!

That's all.

You suck!

green with envy!

PS

Clearly that bike needs bigger front brakes. Jeees!

Last edited by ColorChange; 09-24-2004 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:52 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by KPV
People may make fun of our little "6 Pack" but I will tell you right now, I consider every one of them a very close friend and thank 6speed for allowing me to come to know them. The more time goes on, the more I realize they will be my friends for years to come!

Thanks guys and gal!! You are the best.

Can we get a picture of a group hug and kiss.....

Just kidding, it's great to find good people with the same enthusiasm and interests...

Old 09-24-2004, 08:55 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats my friend, truly a fine piece of machinery. Can't wait to put it up on one tire!!!!!

Old 09-24-2004, 08:58 PM
Sean is infamous around these parts
congrats on the exotic aquisition....you now have the Enzo of bikes!

Old 09-24-2004, 09:01 PM
Parker is infamous around these parts
very cool! congrats to both of you on the sick FAAAAST rides!

Old 09-24-2004, 09:04 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where O' Where Have KPV and Vipertestarossa GONE?