996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

You track Junkies have some new numbers to shoot for...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:39 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
You track Junkies have some new numbers to shoot for...

Jim McNemar cracked 2.00s around VIR full course back in October, and also ran 1:15s on Summit Main the very same weekend. That's traqmate verified. I just read it over on Corvetteforum.

Beware this car :

He'll be at the Zone2 event BTW!
Mike

Old 08-11-2009, 09:42 PM
kwerks has a spectacular aura aboutkwerks has a spectacular aura aboutkwerks has a spectacular aura about
Will try not to pass him...on the way to the pits lol j/k

What tire size is he running? 345 rear? jezuz

That splitter looks good tho...what is that alumalite?

Old 08-11-2009, 10:34 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Congrats!

Porsche Cup car territory now.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Very timely that a Corvette thread started!
What race series in the US do Corvette's race in--from the highest(fastest?) down etc? Where are used race Corvette's advertised?
Any idea on what sort of HP/Torque figures is LS7 engine achieving in n/a form?
What engine is in car of original post ?What sort of spec would it be?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:43 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I believe this year Jim has actually lapped VIR at 2:00s/1:59s and Summit Point Main at 1:16s. Keep in mind that the car still has all the options from the factory. Leather/Nav/AC/power everything...

I'm not sure of the pro series that the Vettes are running in now. I used to keep up with them when I owned and tracked one. I think they're in ALMS GT2, and they might be in one of the other pro series. In NASA they run in ST1/ST2 and in SCCA they run T/1 but those are amature club racing.

Mike

Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I run against vettes with about 600hp and 2700 pounds, no problem.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:36 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
the Hell you say!

Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Congrats!

Porsche Cup car territory now.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
I believe this year Jim has actually lapped VIR at 2:00s/1:59s and Summit Point Main at 1:16s. Keep in mind that the car still has all the options from the factory. Leather/Nav/AC/power everything...

I'm not sure of the pro series that the Vettes are running in now. I used to keep up with them when I owned and tracked one. I think they're in ALMS GT2, and they might be in one of the other pro series. In NASA they run in ST1/ST2 and in SCCA they run T/1 but those are amature club racing.

Mike
To add to the discussion, we have a 996tt that did 3 laps from a standing start at VIR in 6:23s. I would say the 2nd-3rd lap were in the 2:00 range.

Keep in mind this is a standing start and cold tires...

Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 AM
docwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to alldocwyte is a name known to all
the C6 Z06's are crazy fast. In NASA time trials they're TTU stock, thank god.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:09 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
the Hell you say!
Blasphemy - I know. I was at the PCA event at VIR at the end of June. There was a small group of cup cars running 1:56 - 1:58. I believe all the serious fast ones were running sequential shifters. It seemed that there was a bigger group running right at the 2:00 mark.

If Jim has done some weight reduction he is probably around the 2800 lb mark in a car that started life as a street legal production car. If he still has A/C and all the heater components it is closer to 3000 lbs. Compared to a factory built race car from Porsche. Granted it probably has a good deal more HP/TQ than a cup car but, the cup cars corner amazing well.

I personally love the cup car and have even considered getting one. They are amazing. I just have to give credit where credit is due - it is an accomplishment to get a corvette street car - or whats left of one - under 2:00 at VIR.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:21 PM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
2009 UTCC Ian Stewart driving 2002 996 GT2 3400#'s full interior, GIAC Tune GMG exhaust, and close to full race suspension. Hoosier Radial Slicks 250/650 18 and 305/645 18 Fast lap 1:59.73. This was Ian's 1st time @ VIR.

Peter

Old 08-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by XPGT2
2009 UTCC Ian Stewart driving 2002 996 GT2 3400#'s full interior, GIAC Tune GMG exhaust, and close to full race suspension. Hoosier Radial Slicks 250/650 18 and 305/645 18 Fast lap 1:59.73. This was Ian's 1st time @ VIR.

Peter
Very impressive. He is obviously a very talented driver.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Jim's car is probably heavier than it was stock off the showroom floor. It's also making over 580WHP!

Mike

Blasphemy - I know.
If Jim has done some weight reduction he is probably around the 2800 lb mark in a car that started life as a street legal production car. If he still has A/C and all the heater components it is closer to 3000 lbs. Compared to a factory built race car from Porsche. Granted it probably has a good deal more HP/TQ than a cup car but, the cup cars corner amazing well.

I personally love the cup car and have even considered getting one. They are amazing. I just have to give credit where credit is due - it is an accomplishment to get a corvette street car - or whats left of one - under 2:00 at VIR.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:29 AM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
Very impressive. He is obviously a very talented driver.
Yes, Ian knows his way around a Porsche. I wish i was 1/2 as good.

Peter

Old 08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
To bad none of you do events in the West coast tracks. I would like to compare myself vs some of the highly modded cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: You track Junkies have some new numbers to shoot for...