996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dealer says I need the entire mechanism replaced for my rear spoiler,

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:12 AM
drhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to behold
Dealer says I need the entire mechanism replaced for my rear spoiler,

Only one side wont go up/down and the other cylinderv was replaced before I bought it, $1800 ...$1500 in parts any thoughts?

Old 02-17-2009, 08:19 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
The hydralics are known to go bad. I don't think the whole mechanism needs to be replaced though.

I would recommend picking up a used rear decklid with hydralics instead of buying the stuff new.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:59 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Or go with the GT2 decklid and be done with the hydraulics. There are a couple of sponsors that put out some very nice replicas in fiberglass.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
go GT2 or aero kit

Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I have a stock rear deck lid with all the mechanisms in place I will sell you for cheap. It is arctic silver and perfect shape. Of course it can be painted.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:40 AM
drhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to behold
Where do i get cheap fixed wing, GT2 preferred?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:41 AM
How much for yours, I really only need drive mechanism, hydraulics, my wing is fine and black.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:34 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Like the others said the GT2 replacement, or EZ's deck lid would be your best bet. Good luck!

Old 02-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Thank you.

Just called Misha to order GT2.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:16 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Ez's ...or a decklid. I am putting a big wing on my car for de and looks...

This is one of those things that seems overly complex and not in the KISS way of doing things. ...accumulator and pentosin for the clutch is my favorite pet peeve....

Oh, painting a decklid and wing is 300 to 800 dollars at a good place...at least around here. So, factor that in. EZ's price is great. I would go with him if you want the stock look. If you want another look, many have liked Misha's work and MA Shaw's work. Both are reputable, board sponsors, and have stuff that works at 150mph... I've talked to both and would do business with both.

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 02-17-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:04 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I put MAShaw's GT2 fixed deck and carbon fiber wing. He does amazing work. Even the inside of the lid is in carbon fiber.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:12 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
mashaws GT2 the way to go