996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Experience at Farnbacher Loles?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 04:35 PM
GBG
GBG is a jewel in the roughGBG is a jewel in the roughGBG is a jewel in the rough
Experience at Farnbacher Loles?

Hey guys,

After doing my research, I've heard nothing but great things about Farnbacher Loles in Danbury CT., so I decided to go with them for reflashed ecu, f-hose, billet diverter valves, drop-in performance air filter, and new spark plugs. This should get my '04 TT up to 500 hp, which is all I'm lookng for at the moment (maybe add exhaust down the road for another 25-30 hp).

Does anyone have experience at FL, either good or bad? Input appreciated. Thanks. GBG

Old 02-18-2009, 07:52 PM
ND4SPED is infamous around these parts
Farnbacher Loles in Danbury CT maintains and stores my 996tt which is mostly used as a track car. My experience as been only top of the line service, professionalism and workmanship. They have tuned in my car like no other shop as ever done before and I have worked with some very high end shops in the past never being able to put in a full track session without having major issues on the car. This will be my 3rd year with them and I will say I have had the best time and most fun on all my track events to date. From corner balancing to performance they can handle it all. I would recommend them in the highest regard. Kip Harris is the shop manager he is the best. You will not be unhappy with the work you are having done their.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:59 PM
brain police is infamous around these parts
GBG,

I brought my 1987 911 targa to Farnbacher several years ago for a performance upgrade. They put a free-flow exhaust and ECU upgrade. I was happy with their work, though I found them a bit pricey. Their shop is immaculate, and they have some pretty incredible project cars in there. If they were closer to me, I'd give them a go with my 996TT, but Tony and EPL is much closer, only 15mins from where I work, so...

Old 02-18-2009, 08:18 PM
GBG
GBG is a jewel in the roughGBG is a jewel in the roughGBG is a jewel in the rough
Thanks guys, this is good to hear.

ND4-- very helpful post, thanks!!

Old 02-18-2009, 10:22 PM
scatman200 is a jewel in the roughscatman200 is a jewel in the roughscatman200 is a jewel in the rough
Farnbacher has helped maintain my 996tt, since day one. Before I had even purchased my car, Kip was kind enough to give me a tour of his facility and answer questions I had regarding tuning. Excellent work, beautiful facility, friendly staff, and as far as cost of labor goes, I found them to be very reasonable. I recommend using Farnbacher, without hesitation.