996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I FINALLY decided on which reflash!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 02:08 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
I FINALLY decided on which reflash!

After months of research I decided to go with Tony@EPL.
I was impressed by the dyno graphs he posted.

I just sent the ECU out by air this morning, they said it should be at his shop in the morning.

Tony offers GREAT customer service. He was very patient and helpful. He never made it seem like I was wasting his time either.

Overall I highly recommend him. I'll let you guys know when I get the ECU back. I'm pretty excited to see the gains.
I'll post a dyno chart to see how much my gains were.

Would I need to upgrade my clutch??

Also, for ppl with the EPL flash.. what are your driving impressions?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by SXN; 02-19-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:26 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
I'm in the same boat-figuring out which one to go with. Why did you decide on EPL other than good customer contact? (What about the program do you like?)

Also, was price a factor? How much? I've been told about the GIAC adjustable setup, any insight on why you didn't go with that one?

Thanks

Old 02-19-2009, 04:05 PM
slant911 is infamous around these parts
Don't forget Kevin at UMW.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:20 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
2 different EPL flashes so far, extemely satisfied both times. Got a K16 flash when I was stock. Now I have a 18G tune. Car runs perfect. Stock airbox and filter, no MAF issues.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:22 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
congrats.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:28 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Same great experience here. I highly recommend Tony, he knows his stuff. Excellent program,fair price and customer service. My k16 flash car runs awesome and looking forward to the next level now ...a k16/16g.

to the OP, My clutch is holding up so far. But then it depends on how your car was driven and miles etc. I have a 1 owner 26k car...Clutch now doesnt matter as I am planning on upgrading it anyway.

I have timed 60-130..i was able to get about 9.5 sec and stock was close to 11 sec. Offcourse its unverified.

Last edited by vbmw335; 02-19-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:37 PM
kennyjr748 is infamous around these parts
We reflashed my wife's turbo with an EPL flash. We both love it. I'm now waiting for her to get "used" to it so we can put in the k16/16g hybrids!

Last edited by kennyjr748; 02-19-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:40 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kennyjr748
I reflashed my wife's turbo with an EPL flash. We both love it. I'm now waiting for her to get "used" to it so we can put in the k16/16g hybrids!
You must have a cool wife... my wife wouldnt even sit in my car when stock ...let alone a hybrid...that would freak her out.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:44 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
I'm confident you will be quite pleased with the smoothness of the additional power the flash will give you. You made a good choice imo

Old 02-19-2009, 04:45 PM
kennyjr748 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vbmw335
You must have a cool wife... my wife wouldnt even sit in my car when stock ...let alone a hybrid...that would freak her out.
My wife is a car nut... I got super lucky! We also put in some JRZ rs coilovers and some new brakes and she didn't give me a hard time about it! Now if I could only convince her to let me TT the gallardo!

Oh and to the OP- don't forget to do your diverter valves (if you haven't already). We blew out the stock diverter valves about 1500 miles after the flash.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:47 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kennyjr748
My wife is a car nut... I got super lucky! We also put in some JRZ rs coilovers and some new brakes and she didn't give me a hard time about it! Now if I could only convince her to let me TT the gallardo!

Oh and to the OP- don't forget to do your diverter valves (if you haven't already). We blew out the stock diverter valves about 1500 miles after the flash.

Clutch too if it isn't done...

Old 02-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
To you guys with stock k16 epl flashes...how is the driveability?. I'm currently considering changing from my GIAC flash. Its great on power, but feels a bit "jerky" and "surgy" (if that is even a word) at low rpms/speeds and during low rpm shifts. I know every car is different, and my issue may not be my flash, but I was wondering how the epl drives under less than WOT conditions (my car is a dd after all). I'm also considering evomsit since they are local to me and I've heard their k16 flash is smoother than the giac k16 flash. Thanks.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:07 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
To you guys with stock k16 epl flashes...how is the driveability?. I'm currently considering changing from my GIAC flash. Its great on power, but feels a bit "jerky" and "surgy" (if that is even a word) at low rpms/speeds and during low rpm shifts. I know every car is different, and my issue may not be my flash, but I was wondering how the epl drives under less than WOT conditions (my car is a dd after all). I'm also considering evomsit since they are local to me and I've heard their k16 flash is smoother than the giac k16 flash. Thanks.

I went from K16 GIAC to K16 EPL and it was night and day. The EPL was much smoother. From what I noticed, the part throttle boost control on the EPL flash was much better then the GIAC...wtiht he GIAC boost felt much more on/off and not as smooth as the EPL tune.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:12 PM
I went from stock K16 to EPL K16 flashand it had perfect drivability. The ONLY noticable difference was way more power...

Old 02-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
When we put the k16 Epl tune in our car Nero was extatic with the results and partial throttle response was much better than stock. Felt like a brand new car after 65k miles, he's driven other flashes as well and I don't recall him ever being so impressed. I personally think it's a win win in terms of value and performance.

-wes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I FINALLY decided on which reflash!