996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

JD Power Charade continues …

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:56 AM
aj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond reputeaj996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Scott in H-town
No they don't, but EVERY SINGLE dealer of every make has this exact same practice.
In a way, it makes those reports accurate because of this fact. Since they're all using the same guidelines, when people stray and report 9 or 8, they are fully aware of the implications, and since every make does it, well, the end results are all equally weighted. How's that for a stupid run-on sentence?

It's not JD Powers fault, but the entire industry's.
Ditto. Whether we're talking about value or premium brands, every dealership with which I've ever dealt delivered the same message- if you can't rate us excellent across the board, your response to the survey doesn't help the dealership. On a bright note, however, dealerships have also told me that they want my experience to be such that my "excellent" ratings will be honest ones.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
Right AJ.

My beef specifically with JD Powers is how the idiot on the phone tells you that it's "anonymous".
Why do they flat out lie about that when it's so easy to discover that it's so wrong?