996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

JD Power Charade continues …

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 08:07 AM
Mike (La Jolla) is infamous around these parts

My service advisor sent a very nice message to my home address coaching me on how to respond when JD Power calls. Note that he highlighted ’10 = Excellent’, and added the helpful note at the end: “If you cannot answer ‘10’ on all questions, please do not answer survey’.” For those of you who missed my last rant, here is the link in the archives:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...hlight=pioneer

Here is a scan of the nice letter:
http://www.dinigroup.com/~mdini/jdpower_9-25-04.pdf

Excuse my French, but WTF does Porsche think it is gaining by making satisfaction surveys not anonymous? How can I possibly be honest and not suffer retaliation? I am completely baffled here …

Old 09-26-2004, 08:13 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Mike, there is a "Hohen or Pioneer for service?" thread over at Rennlist you might find interesting.

Old 09-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
I would give Porsche a 10 for everything, as I am more than satisfied with my car, purchase expierience, and service.... but for people who have sub-par service, or trouble dealing with Porsche, or for those who have had RMS leaks... I think they should have every right to give a bad review for Porsche...

Old 09-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Banned
I saw the letter.. the funniest thing had to be when the service rep said, 10: Excellent, 9: Fair, 8-0: Poor... he is trying to trick people into thinking that 8 is considered poor.... lol, that is

Old 09-26-2004, 08:59 AM
alamein is infamous around these parts
I don't this this is exclusive to Porsche dealers, a BMW dealer told me approximately the same thing a few years back.

Old 09-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by mehrabani1
I would give Porsche a 10 for everything, as I am more than satisfied with my car, purchase expierience, and service.... but for people who have sub-par service, or trouble dealing with Porsche, or for those who have had RMS leaks... I think they should have every right to give a bad review for Porsche...
With these surveys, we are not rating Porsche, but the dealerships service department and how we felt we are treated. They even tell you at the beginning of the survey that this is 'about your experience with the dealership, not about your car...blah blah...' I have had my share of Pcar problems, if I had to rate the car itself...well, it hasn't broken down on me (knock on wood...had to add that, naturally!)...but, I have spent way too many days at the dealership. However, my experience there has been top notch and warrants a 10. And I will always be honest, if they deserve it, they get it.

Old 09-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Banned
In that case, I would give my dealership an 8... they are nice people, but when the replaced my window motor, the got my car and another car mixed up, making me wait another 24 hours to pic it up, when my car was ready all along, and then when I got the car back, the door handle creakes when you squeeze it...

Old 09-27-2004, 01:33 AM
MKW
MKW is infamous around these parts
This whole quality survey business is so sleazy all around. Every time I give positive feedback, I'm " rewarded " with all manner of dealership freebies. Sure is hard to give a " 9" next visit, huh. Imagine how you are " flagged " by the dealership from owner on down to car wash jockey if you rate someone there honestly and PCNA , MBNA, BMWUSA, etc.,decreases bonus money to them !! It's not enough that you give them your money for a car( or several successive cars ) and service bucks and indirectly warranty reimbursement.....you are still " NOT WORTHY " unless you bend over at bribe time.

All " ranking " surveys should be anonymous - none of these are.

Last edited by MKW; 09-27-2004 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:46 AM
JC996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by mehrabani1
I saw the letter.. the funniest thing had to be when the service rep said, 10: Excellent, 9: Fair, 8-0: Poor... he is trying to trick people into thinking that 8 is considered poor.... lol, that is
That is how Porsche looks at the survey and below 9 gets counted as a zero, yes it is ridiculous but ins. companys and alot of others do it the same exact way. Some bean counter somewhere figured out that formula and it is now part of corparate practice. Just plain stupid if you ask me.

Old 09-27-2004, 02:12 AM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
At honda dealers surveys can affect the dealers new car allocations. At least that's what I was told by the dealer before the survey arrived.

Last edited by ebaker; 09-27-2004 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:38 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I just did the survey, and gave almost all 10s. The dealer did all they could in my case and deserves the high rating imo. I even had my engine replaced. There were times when I was frustrated, but it wasn't the dealer that was at fault but Porsche themselves that was tying my dealers hands.

Old 04-18-2005, 06:46 AM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
"almost all 10's" will stil **** them off.
It's black and white with the dealers. All 10's good.
99% 10's... bad.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
It sounds as though the JD Powers reports therefore, are slanted and losing their effectiveness for the public to trust them if everyone is being asked to push for a "10".

How the hell is anyone supposed to know which are the better cars.

JD Powers needs to revamp their system and report objectively.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Banned
Originally posted by Dave
It sounds as though the JD Powers reports therefore, are slanted and losing their effectiveness for the public to trust them if everyone is being asked to push for a "10".

How the hell is anyone supposed to know which are the better cars.

JD Powers needs to revamp their system and report objectively.
It's not JD Power's fault. The Porsche dealership made basically a coverletter for the survey. JD Power does not say that 9 is fair, and anything below 9 is poor,

Old 04-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Chordate
It's not JD Power's fault. The Porsche dealership made basically a coverletter for the survey. JD Power does not say that 9 is fair, and anything below 9 is poor,
No they don't, but EVERY SINGLE dealer of every make has this exact same practice.
In a way, it makes those reports accurate because of this fact. Since they're all using the same guidelines, when people stray and report 9 or 8, they are fully aware of the implications, and since every make does it, well, the end results are all equally weighted. How's that for a stupid run-on sentence?

It's not JD Powers fault, but the entire industry's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JD Power Charade continues …