996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

DIY: Yellow to White Lights (with LEDs and Blue Halogens)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 10:42 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Just ordered the... parking lights and the fog lights. Going to keep my sidemarkers orange, dont want any attention from police. Did you stick with the stock 4300k low beams blue monster?

Also, have you figured out what works safely with the license plate lights?
Awesome mod, thanks again.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:24 AM
Blue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
Just ordered the... parking lights and the fog lights. Going to keep my sidemarkers orange, dont want any attention from police. Did you stick with the stock 4300k low beams blue monster?

Also, have you figured out what works safely with the license plate lights?
Awesome mod, thanks again.
Thanks, my goal was to more closely match the color of parking light, sidemarkers, and foglight to the low beams, so I have kept the low beams. I know people have also changed the turn signal lights, the interior lights, and the lights in rear including the license plate lights. The only other mod I have considered is adding LED running lights, but that group buy seems to be dead.

from the manual the license plate light is a SV 8.5 socket with a C 5 W bulb. The bulb is a 6418 aka 3610, all of this is new to me and I find confusing.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/festoon.html#festoon

I have not made this mod and would check with other 6speeders before ordering.

Good luck.

--BM

Old 10-04-2009, 05:30 AM
Blue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by oak
color matched lights? = mad power!!
Yes, apparently it is the only way to get to lightspeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOqa1SC6K9U

Old 10-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Nice!

What's the difference between the parking lights and foglights?

Old 10-05-2009, 01:37 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Blue Monster
Thanks, my goal was to more closely match the color of parking light, sidemarkers, and foglight to the low beams, so I have kept the low beams. I know people have also changed the turn signal lights, the interior lights, and the lights in rear including the license plate lights. The only other mod I have considered is adding LED running lights, but that group buy seems to be dead.

from the manual the license plate light is a SV 8.5 socket with a C 5 W bulb. The bulb is a 6418 aka 3610, all of this is new to me and I find confusing.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/festoon.html#festoon

I have not made this mod and would check with other 6speeders before ordering.

Good luck.

--BM
I used the 42mm SMD LED (flat LED) festoon bulbs for the center dome light & license plate. Looks SUPERB!