996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Vivid Racing Upsolute/Softronic vs. Epl Flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 07:08 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
I'm the first one to pick up the banner for EPL and start waiving it around, but this sounds like a less than scientific assessment. Also, there's always the possibility of hardware issues.

Don't get me wrong, I love my EPL tune and wouldn't swap for anything, but I think you need to look a bit closer at how your car is running.
If that ipod dyno thing is right (what weight did you enter for your car?), 370 REAR wheel is near stock performance (my car did 335 ALL-wheel stock on a mustang). If it really is that low, regardless of tune, it's probably a hardware issue.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:57 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
LOL so like others said on here , you going on what the ipod said? you pulled him 3-4 cars ?? lol

Old 02-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
When I had the Upsolute flash on my k16s, my car dyno'd at 400 hp and 430 tq on a Mustang dyno.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Are you sure the weight of your car is accurate? You listed it as 3340 with a 1/4 tank of gas and you inside. That seems light.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:41 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Thats super light. Last time I weighed it, my car was 3630 with me in it. It WILL be lighter this year

My car when it was K16's with EPL tune had 425whp/500wtq on a Mustang dyno.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:13 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
1)I think that your ipod dyno can not take under consideration a 2wd versus a AWD car power losses...so you re a few ponnies off...from what you really are...Find another TT and do the same test for a better comparison...
2)I do not think that vivid sells upsolute software...Dan uses softronic...I really do not know why you say Vivid softronic flash...

Old 02-22-2009, 03:19 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Onetime
If you put 3-4 car lengths on him from 50-120 and walked away from him at higher speeds, I'm not understanding what you are saying the problem is.
1+, 3-4 cl'ths is alot.

When I had the Upsolute flash on my k16s, my car dyno'd at 400 hp and 430 tq on a Mustang dyno.
i think it was 408, and it was 408awhp....

Old 02-22-2009, 05:46 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flash68
So let me get this straight as I am also confused here...... you are expecting your IPOD dyno program to provide accurate results everytime on other cars because it was close to the real numbers on the e55?
Yes, it's called technology. You can’t avoid it. It was accurate with my friends car and it was accurate with my other two friends suburas . I'm not trying to be an *******, but technology advances and so do some of us.

Originally Posted by nycsurfer
Maybe time to update your ipod firmware ?
I have Upsolute flash on stock k16 dynoed 420awhp/488tq on a mustang dyno ,and I was head to head with a 650hp e55 from 3rd to 6k rpm on 4th gear ,after that ,I started to gain on him a bit
video from a friend who film and shift in the same time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWS4s...e=channel_page
Where is your power ? the last 1000 rpm like the graphs above show where the upsolute flash shots up from about 370 to 415 ? Don't get me wrong, i have the same flash.

Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
I'm the first one to pick up the banner for EPL and start waiving it around, but this sounds like a less than scientific assessment. Also, there's always the possibility of hardware issues.

Don't get me wrong, I love my EPL tune and wouldn't swap for anything, but I think you need to look a bit closer at how your car is running.
If that ipod dyno thing is right (what weight did you enter for your car?), 370 REAR wheel is near stock performance (my car did 335 ALL-wheel stock on a mustang). If it really is that low, regardless of tune, it's probably a hardware issue.
I don't think its a hardware issue. My car has always run this strong after the flash, and i have had it for years. You guys are not getting my point. The flash gives you almost a flat power from 3500-5800 rpm then the last 1000 rpm it shots up 50 or so rwhp. IMO its not a good since you have a huge wide band of not using the power that EPL puts down.

Originally Posted by unvmym3
LOL so like others said on here , you going on what the ipod said? you pulled him 3-4 cars ?? lol
yes, and thats nothing considering the e55 had 3 pp and its completly stock.

can you show me the graph?

Are you sure the weight of your car is accurate? You listed it as 3340 with a 1/4 tank of gas and you inside. That seems light.
Yes. I have no exhuast system aka straight pipes. I have a lightweight battery, i have no rear bumper supports.

Originally Posted by ttboost
Thats super light. Last time I weighed it, my car was 3630 with me in it. It WILL be lighter this year

My car when it was K16's with EPL tune had 425whp/500wtq on a Mustang dyno.
can you post a graph ? so people can see what i mean.

Originally Posted by skandalis447
1)I think that your ipod dyno can not take under consideration a 2wd versus a AWD car power losses...so you re a few ponnies off...from what you really are...Find another TT and do the same test for a better comparison...
2)I do not think that vivid sells upsolute software...Dan uses softronic...I really do not know why you say Vivid softronic flash...
They use to sell it. It is a flash posted by Vivid racing ? I have a vivid racing upsolute flash.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:53 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Yes, it's called technology. You can’t avoid it. It was accurate with my friends car and it was accurate with my other two friends suburas . I'm not trying to be an *******, but technology advances and so do some of us.
Really? Is that what it's called?

I guess all the tuners should just get rid of their five-figure Mustang dynos and DynoJets and invest in iphone apps.

Oh, and BTW, I do have an iphone, therefore I must be on the cutting edge of technology.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:58 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !

I guess all the tuners should just get rid of their five-figure Mustang dynos and DynoJets and invest in iphone apps.

Oh, and BTW, I do have an iphone, therefore I must be on the cutting edge of technology.

Dave,

No. I'm not saying that because you still need a dyno to tune. But i'm saying you can't just completely exclude the results.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:01 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !

Maybe use that newfound technology to finish that Camaro!!!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:05 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver

Dave,

No. I'm not saying that because you still need a dyno to tune. But i'm saying you can't just completely exclude the results.
Fair enough. I'm just playing with you and givin you a hard time ya know...

Originally Posted by ttboost
Maybe use that newfound technology to finish that Camaro!!!
Hey now! I resemble that remark!

I just posted some new pics in my build thread last night. Hopefully I can edit my sig soon!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Fair enough. I'm just playing with you and givin you a hard time ya know...

Hey now! I resemble that remark!

I just posted some new pics in my build thread last night. Hopefully I can edit my sig soon!

NICE!!! I'll be watching...

Old 02-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Thomas you are correct, it was 408 hp. I was just rounding off. You have a hella memory.