996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Which wheels, new or old?
Old 19" HRE C21 all powder coated black
52.05%
New 18" HRE C21 powder coated centers, polished lip
47.95%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

New Wheels on the Turbo, before and after pictures inside!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:03 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
I like the 18s for totally different reasons... Tire for track weekends... The suspension geometry was designed for 18s originally, and price of and size of available rubber for the 18s over the 19s.

That said, I have black with polished aluminum lip and I agree with others... They're EVERYWHERE... I LOVE the look of the 19s, but like the stance of the 18s and in the pics it looks lower with the 18s on, but that could just be the pics...

Mike
You are totally right about them being everywhere. The polished lip does seem to make the car a bit flashier (which is not something im looking for).

I'm really starting to consider getting the lips and barrels powder-coated now...

Originally Posted by thankful
I have always loved the look of your car in your avatar. Every time you post - I always think the car looks amazing - and so different from the norm. I am with most - I always liked some kind of polish or chrome lip - as it makes it stand out and pop. But the more and more people have done it - which is most - it has become norm.

The Porsche is a unique car. You can do almost anything with it - and it will look amazing. So either way you are a winner. In my opinion the original - you stood out from the rest. Took it one step further, which I admired big time. Helped me with my new setup for sure.

I can understand you wanting a new look though as well - and with that - never a bad idea to switch it up a bit. So that's understandable.

But for the new and hot look - which a lot of guys are doing with high end wheels - you had with your original setup.... Car looks great regardless.

Congrats on your new wheels - hope you enjoy walking out and sneaking a peek of your car each day - that always makes it fun!

Enjoy and thanks for sharing. Just don't change your avatar pic - I will be sad!

Have a great day,
Thankful, Thank you for your kind words. I always do find myself trying to sneak a peak at my car.

Like i stated above, i'm really considering having this set of 18"s blacked out.

Thankful, do you have any pictures of your car?

Old 02-25-2009, 11:14 AM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
Now you're talking! You have a great look for your car. The "old" setup - was fresh and really the way a lot of tuners and forward thinkers are going with the styles right now. This is a bit trendy - and kind of out of the box for most conservatives but thats what sets your car off so much more than everything else out there - IMO.... Just my opinion.

I love my Porsche - I went back and forth on wheel setup etc - always loved the polished and or chrome lip deal because they just pop. But then - I couldn't help myself from looking and being attracted to the aggressive and mean look of cars that had a setup like yours. I become more and more attracted to them. So - I went that direction.

And yes!!!!!!! I have been dyeing to post photos of my car with the new wheels.... We did a photo shoot and story with 0-60 Magazine and it comes out next month - so they are begging me to hold off till then. Hmmmm let me call them again - maybe I can share over email

Go black - you will be happy!

Old 02-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Soul is infamous around these parts
also interested in the pics

Old 02-27-2009, 09:12 AM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
I just spoke to 0-60 Magazine and they asked me nicely - in a forceful way - to not show any pics just yet. They don't want to hurt the equity of their editorial and mag. So I will respect them..

When I can - I will start a new thread and show them off. Car looks good. Nothing too crazy - just fun!

And I don't want to hijack this thread either.

Back to the main topic - so what are you going to do with your wheels?

Old 02-27-2009, 10:42 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
I just spoke to 0-60 Magazine and they asked me nicely - in a forceful way - to not show any pics just yet. They don't want to hurt the equity of their editorial and mag. So I will respect them..

When I can - I will start a new thread and show them off. Car looks good. Nothing too crazy - just fun!

And I don't want to hijack this thread either.

Back to the main topic - so what are you going to do with your wheels?
Congrats for being in 0-60. Not a problem with the thread hijacking

I'm going to try and sell them, although the market for used parts is tough. Can't even sell off my evoms headers or europipe exhaust for very low prices

Old 05-21-2009, 09:24 AM
NineNineSixTT,

What did you decide to do in regards to wheels?

Like I said before, I have always been a big fan of your setup and look. Interested to see what you did.

I recently posted pics of my car with the wheels. Thought I would share with you since I fell in love with yours.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2393640

Have a great day,

Old 05-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
NineNineSixTT,

What did you decide to do in regards to wheels?

Like I said before, I have always been a big fan of your setup and look. Interested to see what you did.

I recently posted pics of my car with the wheels. Thought I would share with you since I fell in love with yours.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2393640

Have a great day,
Thanks for the kind words. Congrats on the cover!

I decided to stick with the 18's. The 19's will be up for sale soon

Good hearing from you; Take care!

Old 05-21-2009, 12:26 PM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about
looking good Thomas!! Personally i like the look of the 19s more but i'm sure the 18s are better for freeway rolls and the track

So, lets see some 60-130s now....

Old 05-21-2009, 12:30 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
19's are so 2002...