996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Spark plug gap, good to go out of the box?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Hey there folks....I've asked a number of times to folks who are supposed to know, and still don't have a good answer. When I did the 30K, I contacted Porsche and asked for the latest info on what plugs they recommended. I wanted to make sure there hadn't been a recent change or TSB...and they told me to use the Beru plugs and gave me the right part numbers. I buy my stuff from Sunset Porsche for their discount.

After I installed them, I got all sorts of "Oh man you screwed up....you shuda' otta' have put in the Bosche plugs". Ok, I didn't but WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE? What have I done to degrade the performance of my car by using the Beru plugs? What performance enhancement can I expect if I were to go back in and change to the Bosche plugs? (no, I'm not going thru that exercise again). I would really appreciate hearing why the Bosche are so superior, and above that...what actual difference would it make on a dyno?