996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Spike TV - Bullrun - Porsche Turbo Team

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Spike TV - Bullrun - Porsche Turbo Team

Hey all,

Anyone know if that's a PCA or 6speed member?

Cheers
Aaron

Old 02-26-2009, 07:55 PM
schred is infamous around these parts
Just caught this on the tube,, lots of ham fisted shifting going on, made my teeth hurt watching that guy flailing away on the shifter. The car did sound good when he actually got it in gear and accelerated.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
I know! That happened after I posted it... "clutch problem"... ouch.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 PM
schred is infamous around these parts
I am betting there is a big pile of metal shavings clinging to the drain plug on the transmission at this point.
What was it exactly that they were doing with that big truck anyway,, I only caught the part where the P car was griinding gears trying to catch the thing?

Old 02-26-2009, 09:41 PM
mxk116 has a spectacular aura aboutmxk116 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Purplxd
Hey all,

Anyone know if that's a PCA or 6speed member?

Cheers
Aaron
Saw the episode; too much "reality tv" not enough performance.

I do not know if they are affiliated with either group but at the beginning of the episode the Porsche was described as "supercharged' not turbo'd FWIW.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Interesting... sure looked like a Turbo to me.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 02-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by schred
I am betting there is a big pile of metal shavings clinging to the drain plug on the transmission at this point.
What was it exactly that they were doing with that big truck anyway,, I only caught the part where the P car was griinding gears trying to catch the thing?
The passenger had to shoot a target on one side, then drive to the other where the car breaks a tube light, then back and forth 3 times in total before the finish line.

It was doing ok until they had "clutch problems".

Cheers
Aaron

Old 02-27-2009, 06:36 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
i beleive it is not a turbo, it has turbo bumper and GT2 wing but it doesn't have the side vent, i beleive it is a supercharged 996.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:12 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
that was a C4S w/ a GT2 wing.....

Old 02-27-2009, 09:38 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Weak. If you are going to do Bullrun, make it a "real" GT2 Oh, and know how to drive..

Old 02-27-2009, 04:01 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I tuned in for a couple of minutes and saw the Porsche guys swaggering about, and one of the women cursing like a sailor, then turned it off. Another man with a vagina. Why didn't she just pull her dick out instead?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by boochook
that was a C4S w/ a GT2 wing.....
It wasn't even a proper GT2 wing. It was one of those reduced down wings,, I don't know where that comes from,, Porsche? Wicked? Who knows?

Yes, no intake in the rear flanks to be a turbo. C4S/turbo nose.

Honestly, when I watched that,, I couldn't have been more embarrassed for all that represent and own Porsche's. That guy that was driving can't blame his lame driving skills on the clutch. He simply hammered the lever like he was in a Honda and KEPT hammering. I had DVRd the scene. It was horrific.

Are these cars their own,, or are they assigned to each recipient upon entry? Shame such a nice car was flogged the way it was. It should have certainly placed better in this competition.

Last edited by Hayabusa; 02-28-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: forever changing
Old 02-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Hayabusa- Based on how the entries were described in the first episode the cars are owned by the drivers. I agree with the P-car embarrassment; clearly this was not Walter Rohrl in the driver's seat!

Old 02-28-2009, 01:42 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^^Yeah, they own their cars.....I think if they actually do a reality show based on the RALLY, that would be 10X better than this GOLDBERG CRAPFEST!!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by boochook
^^^Yeah, they own their cars.....I think if they actually do a reality show based on the RALLY, that would be 10X better than this GOLDBERG CRAPFEST!!!!

I agree completely.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spike TV - Bullrun - Porsche Turbo Team