996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

"Navigation" Display on Inst. Cluster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 03:19 PM
z4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to allz4met is a name known to all
"Navigation" Display on Inst. Cluster

Hello,

After owning my 2002 996 Turbo for 6 months, I finally got the PCM1 nav working after getting the proper cd's with help from this forum. My question is that the electronic display on the instrument cluster has an option that can be selected that shows arrows. When I select this, the word "navigation" shows up on the inst cluster display but thats all it does and does not show the directions. The PCM1 continues to show the directions.

Should the directions also be shown on the inst cluster display when I select the nav function on the menu? If so, how do I get it working, and If not, then what is the purpose of having this option on the inst cluster display menu?

Thanks for your help,
Z4MET.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:03 PM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
It will just say navigation unless you have programed a destination and activated the route. Then you will get arrows and other info on the center of instrument cluster. If not I would say something remains amiss.